“Christmas Dinner Dance - absolutely spot on!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

You added Sedgebrook Hall to your Saves list
Sedgebrook Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pitsford Road, Chapel Brampton, Northampton NN6 8BD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Northants
“Christmas Dinner Dance - absolutely spot on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's so hard to sum up how fantastic the staff, venue and food is at Sedgebrook Hall. I have spent the last 12 months organising our 'bike club's National Christmas Party and 75 partygoers had a blast! The accommodation was clean, comfortable and rooms very nicely laid out. There were a couple of issues which were dealt with very promptly and efficiently. You couldn't ask for more. The party itself was a massive success - the dj superb and the food was excellent. The room was set up beautifully and everyone had a great time. Lots of the group enjoyed the hotel for the entire weekend and loved the sauna and jacuzzi. I used them too and it was bliss. As the organiser there was a lot of responsibility but with Laura, Chris, Dave and Ray's help and guidance and superb organisation I had nothing to worry about. So, I didn't and I too had a whale of a time! I had absolute confidence in their ability to pull it all together and they sure did. I spent the weekend in the Bridal (Holly) suite and was utterly blown away by it. Such luxury! ALL the staff were incredible and went out of their way to make my guests' stay as enjoyable as they could. I can't fault them. The hot buffet on the Friday night was superb and the entire weekend was just a massive hit. If you're considering where to hold YOUR event - you can't go wrong if you choose Sedgebrook Hall. It's a very special place with the most helpful staff and great value accomodation. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If they made it so I didn't worry then that's not only a great achievement - it's almost on the miraculous side of things! Go - see for yourself. I'm going back again in the New Year. I just love the place. (and no, I'm not on commission, nor am I related to anyone who is employed there - I'm simply a VERY happy customer and believe the ethos of 'praise where it's due').

Room Tip: Ask when you book if you want a ground floor or upstairs room, and if you want it closer to the main...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

A REALLY BIG THANK YOU - We held our daughters wedding here on Saturday 24th November and really cannot fault the service. Everything from the moment we checked in was perfect.
Anna the check in receptionist could not have been more helpful, she was so confident and accommodating that we really felt happy to leave everything to her.
Jamie the porter was at our beck and call - again nothing was too much trouble.
Josh the barman did a sterling job both on the friday evening and saturday.
Laura and Jodie took charge of the wedding arrangements and setting up - again nothing was too much trouble they did everything we wanted plus more.
Dave the main man was at our beck and call, again brilliant, so confident in his manner that we felt confident with him.
Tracy the housekeeper was also lovely re: did we/didn't we want a camp bed and not hounding us to vacate our rooms dead on time and lastly Zoe who checked us out and made paying the bill a sort of pleasure lol. If I have left anyone off the list sorry it is not intentional. All in all the staff need to be told how great they are.

The room made available to the bridal party on the morning was fantastic really spacious with mirrors and tables/chairs to do make up and hair .

I know bar prices are high, but that is what you excpect from a hotel. Some of the ground floor rooms may need updating but they were very clean and had everything you need, for us it was not a problem as we only spent an minimal amount of time in the room. Breakfast needs a mention as again it was great.

All in all a great venue, with great staff and great food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Utrecht
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The first impression you get from the hotel is good. An old mansion in a park like area. Check-in was a bit chaotic and the room was a long walk up and down stairs through long corridors. The room itself was a bit dated and the matras of the bed is too soft and sags in the middle --> not good. The first WiFi code I was given did not work (reply at reception, it still worked yesterday) and I had to pick up a new one at reception (again a long walk).
If you like an English breakfast with eggs, mushrooms, beans, bacon and sausage you are fine. If you are looking for a more healthy option of whole grain bread, vegetables and something light, this is not your place. I settled for some orange juice and a coffee.
The place must be nice in summer when you can stroll the park, but in winter the bleak inside does not offer enough compensation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is surrounded in great grounds and a lovely entrance, the food from the restaurant is good and I use it quiet regular when I stay here for when I go to work. The hotel has a small gym and a pool with sauna. The hotel has gone through a period of refurbishment and looks good. The bar has a TV where you can watch sport or the news and a pool table

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was in a beautiful setting and the room was absolutely fantastic. Very clean and perfectly decorated - it really made us feel at home.

The hotel was cheaper than other nearby options and the price included an impressive breakfast selection.

At first we couldn't understand why the rooms were in a separate building to the main body of the hotel, but on reflection, this ensured that the rooms were quiet even when functions were taking place in the hotel's conferencing facilities.

The walls are, however, quite thin, and we did experience some problems with other guests returning to their rooms late, although there is little the hotel could do about this.

The staff could not do enough to help us to settle in and ensure we had a restful stay and I would like to thank them for making it a fantastic weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nothampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had our Daughter and now Son-in-law's wedding reception here in april 2012, cups of tea were expensive, drinks at the bar were on the pricey side, but overall We were very impressed with everything. The room was set out very well, the staff were all very polite, the food was served exceptionally well, the day couldn't have gone better we were made very welcome, rooms were comfortable even though we only had the one night there, breakfast was very good suited our party well, would recomend it and use it again.
Thankyou to all the staff that were involved in that special day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is the best smartest room I have ever stayed in. It immaculate and clean and very in the now. Worker out cheaper to get the room online for £69 which I thought was a fab price for the room.the drink are a bit pricey but worth it for the room. Never used the facilities e.I swimming pool.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!