“A Little Overpriced, Decent Rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Kinder

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Kinder to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Kinder
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11750 US Hwy 165, Kinder, LA 70648 (Formerly Kinder Express)   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Kinder
“A Little Overpriced, Decent Rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A non smoking room was $95 for one night. The hotel is next to a 24 hour gas station and its noisy all night. The other side of the hotel is quiet but very dark. It is a little aged but decent enough that the stay was comfortable. The phone in the room did not work and the WIFI was horrible. The staff was friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: BOOK EARLY in this area. The proximity to the casinos means that the hotels fill up quick on the wee...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Decatur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The only thing good about this motel was the sweet girl at the front desk. The room did smell clean but was old and covered up with new paint. The bed and pillows were hard as a rock and they had the shower set to where you could only get luke-warm water! We were not there to gamble and I feel as if the room should have been a $40 a night room instead of a $100 a night room with the quality if the room. If we go back to the event next year, I definitely will find another hotel to stay at! Clean before you paint and give people HOT water!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had been delayed in the purchasing our home, moving from Maryland! We stopped at the Days Inn in Kinder, LA with no intension of staying longer than 2 nights, it ended up being 6 nights total! We did stay with family for a week but we came back because of the pleasant first few nights. The hotel is quiet, clean, and has wonderful staff! Very nice people: helped us find a storage unit, directions, things to do, **pet-friendly**, even gave us a larger room because we had our pets! Southern hospitality at its finest!! I highly recommend, close to Coushatta Casino, gas/ convenient store and Waffle Shoppe next to premises; grocery, pharmacy, dollar general stores nearby, and a couple different fast food and restaurants close as well. I can't reiterate how nice our stay was even through our unfortunate circumstances.

• Stayed January 2013
biolxi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I walk in the room took a looked around grabed me and my boyfriends bag and walked right back out. Mold on the ceiling, wires hanging out of wall were smoke detector use to be, horrible smell in hall ways which lead to the room, major rat problems. Never no more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DeRidder, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel EVER! I figured it wouldn't be top notch with it being a Motel 6 but this was horrible. First appearance is everything. There was trash in the parking lot, the lobby smelled moldy, the floors werent mopped and the women's restroom smelled like the trash hasn't been changed in months. In the restroom there are what appeared to be buggers on the wall by the toilet. The check in was cold and aweful. The lady behind the counter looked dirty and was very rude. I could hear the conversation behind the counter while I was waiting to check in. The language used should be at a lower tone. I dont care for the "F" word and I would rather not hear it at a public place of business. It was like she wanted to hurry and get rid of me to get back to her conversation which was just as loud and filthy as when i walked in. Now in the room: there was trash underneath the bed, there was a mouse running around in my room, the side door just opens so anyone can freely walk into the building. There was pee on the toilet and on the floor. The inside of the toilet had rings and it was just nasty. The window had a crack in it. I didnt feel safe and secure at all. They advertise for WIFI and then it didnt work in the room. The air conditioner was so loud i could barely sleep. I left the hotel and paid more to stay at the Best Western. Do not stay at Motel 6. This place is very run down and the staff is just aweful. Pay more money for better service. This was for my anniversary and I had such an aweful stay here. Thank goodness for the Best Western and their hospitality to their guests or my anniversary would have been ruined.

Room Tip: Go to a Different Hotel!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Kinder? Share your experiences!