“STINKY AND NOT ADA ACCESSIBLE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Koasati Pines Lodge

Koasati Pines Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kinder
Koasati Pines Lodge
11586 U.S. Highway 165, Kinder, LA 70648   |
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Kinder
Austin, Texas
“STINKY AND NOT ADA ACCESSIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. There were no Elevators to make the 2nd floor rooms accessible for persons with handicaps. I asked if we could trade rooms for one on the first floor....I was told it was not possible and I could use the stairs. I brought up that their should be a way to access the 2nd floor other than stairs to be in ADA compliance....the young lady said I could write to the company. I will do that as well as this review. Our room, as well as many of our bus mates (we were on a bus trip from austin), REEKED of cigarette smoke. Even the towels and bedding smelled. DO NOT STAY HERE

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I got a free stay at this place as a comp from the casino. I rather pay to stay somewhere better

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Kinder hotels

Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This review is for the Koasati Pines Lodge (North). We have stayed @ this facility off and on for years. On Thursday June 17,2010 when we stayed it was GOOD just like it has always been. For you High Rollers looking for a place like the Grand or the Inn, this is not it! It is the equivalent to the Super 8 that it originally was back in the mid-90's. Quiet and Comfy ! As an added bonus the Casino Shuttles comes by about every 15 minutes. If Golf is your game you are right on top of the course ( a very Nice but Challenging one).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

My wife and I were a little apprehensive due to some of the previous comments. At check in the staff was very friendly and really gave me hope that I would win. The building looked just like a normal hotel but when we opened the room door, I must say we were surprised. The room did not look like a hotel room. It was more like a home. There was a living room and kitchen plus the bedroom. The linen was new and all the furnishings. I called the desk to make sure we had the right room and was informed that the rooms were all going under renovations and that it was the new standard rooms. If this was a standard, I could imagine what a suite would be. The towels were great, my wife wanted to buy some, I never saw yellow towels and sheets at ahotel. We were very impressed. They even have a pool that is very secluded from the overcrowed at the casino. That was the best weekend ever. We will continue to stay at the new standards at teh KOASATI...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
South TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I'm not sure I can add much to other reviewers' observations. The hotel is quite plain, like the Super 8 it used to be. It has no in-room fridge or microwave, nor an elevator. The ironing board is hanging on the wall between the TV and the sink area, in clear view while in bed. There was a gap underneath the door where I watched 2 crickets scamper in.
The positive is that the room was newly decorated and clean. The pool looked really nice and clean, as well. The staff couldn't have been nicer. When I asked about the shuttle to the casino, it was immediately dispatched. The golf course, which the hotel overlooks is stunning. While not great, I would stay here again. Really wish they would add a fridge and micro though.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
pm0504
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

This hotel was a big letdown. Luckily we had a complimentary room, because I would not have paid money to stay there. Definitely needs updating. We stayed at the Grand Inn the night before which was very nice. Too bad the Kosati does not come close in comparison.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

I have read alot of the reviews for this lodge and I must beg to differ. Most of you complain that it doesnt have all the modern amenities or close access to the casino that you have when you stay at Grand Hotel. Like I said it is not the Grand Hotel, I have stayed at all of the casinos properties and I must say that the Lodge is a nice place to stay. The employees there are really nice and down to earth. For what the Lodge seems to be for the casino, it fits the criteria. A clean bed, shower and in-room coffee to get you on your way. If you want the whole something like Vegas experience then wait for an opening at the Grand Hotel but if you need a bed to pass out in after a night of gambling and drinking then book your room at the Lodge, take the shuttle to the casino and stop whining over a hair.!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Koasati Pines Lodge? Share your experiences!