“you get what you pay for...” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Kinder
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14590 Highway 165 South, Kinder, LA 76048   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Kinder
Austin, Texas
“you get what you pay for...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

i stayed at this super 8 the wknd of july 20th, a couple of things i didn't like about this place are: the covers on the bed were dirty (stains on them), when i went to shower i noticed a couple of used hand towels hanging on the shower rail, the room had a muggy scent when i opened the door to the room, the breakfast was minimal to say the least... just not a good experience for me with this hotel...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
League City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed July 18th and 19th. Parking lot cement was all busted up. Wireless internet never did work. The bath room was covered filthy. When I called to report the internet problem no one answered the phone. Staff should have offered a rate reduction!

Room Tip: Go to one of the other hotels
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had not stayed at a Super 8 before but the place that I had reservations at did not have my room available so I called and got a room at the Super 8. The staff making my reservation was a little hard to understand but once I got to the hotel everyone there was "super" nice. The a/c worked great and the room was clean. The only thing I noticed was that the vent in the bathroom was missing. The bed was very comfortable. There was no pool or restaurant but that suited me fine since I took this trip to go to the casino

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seabrook, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's a Super 8 so don't expect the Ritz. There is no pool. You do get a continental breakfast which is nice. Beds were comfortable. It's pretty close to the Casino and fast food restaurants. The real problem is that the Coushatta hotels are usually booked, so this is probably your best option. However, unless you have high expectations, then this is a pretty good motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orange, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hotel room had a very unpleasant smell, we were missing a vent in the bathroom, there was a small spider in the sink and had a lizard on our ceiling. The only good thing about the room is the a/c worked and the water pressure was good!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MESQUITE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The bathroom door was cracked and did not close completely. The guide giving you your available TV chanels was not accurate. When I went to complain, they said that the satalite would not allow those channels. Well, take it off the list.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I went to this hotel expecting amenities such as 1st class services, a hotel 2 miles from Coushatta Casino, and well kept rooms. I was sorely disappointed.

1. The owner/manager was very discourteous and refused to let me see the room before demanding my personal information; namely my driver’s license and S.S. number in addition to my credit card. He also wouldn’t allow me to allow me to cancel my reservation when I saw the hotel‘s condition. The only reason that I stayed at the hotel was because I was told that I would be charged whether I stayed or not.

2. As far as the proximity to the casino, the Super 8 was 13.1 miles away and took nearly half an hour to drive each way. I didn’t mind the drive too much and the shuttle is also reliable, but I was expecting to be closer than I was.

3. As far as the room… There was strong, old, sweaty, and musty smell. It kind of reminded me of body odor. I agree with many of the other comments, saying that the towel were very thin and clearly old. The carpet was old and thread bare. The bathroom ceiling had something weird in the vent. And the bedroom ceiling had a hole in it.

Overall, I was very dissatisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Kinder? Share your experiences!