“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Kinder B&B and Inns
New Braunfels, Texas
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to New Orleans and found it to be far lesser of a value than expected. The rooms are dated and filthy, and the walls seem paper-thin. We never expected a 5-star accommodation, but we have stayed in many establishments that cost at or below the rate here and had much better experiences.

Cons: The tub was filthy and there was no water pressure to speak of. When we got into the room it was ice cold (something that they may feel proud of) and we ended up leaving the AC off the entire night -- it was still chilly in the room the next morning! The floor of the bathroom was dirty when we got into the room, and there was left over garbage on the floor at the door. I was also shocked (?) to have my bare foot stick to the floor when I was getting into bed at night. The bed was another issue -- a horrible night sleep fighting the hump in the center and the two sunken segments of the king bed. So much for cuddling with the wife!

If I were to ever visit the area again I would likely stay at the newer 7 Clans hotel next to this one, but I certainly would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canyon Lake, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have been going to Coushatta for about 16 years, during that time we have stayed at all the hotels that Coushatta gives comps with the exception of The Seven Clans hotel. During our last stay we stayed at Coushatta Inn. There were two things about this particular trip that I didn't like. I called and was able to get a room comped. I then called back a few days later and tried to reserve an additional room well in advance of our scheduled trip. I was told we would have to pay for an extra room either at the Inn or at the Grand Hotel. I declined the offer, but, a few days later got an email from Coushatta about a package deal offering a room, tickets for a concert, and 2 drinks. Well, 1 of the persons had to back out going on the trip so the extra room was not needed after all. I was told that they have their stipulations on how to comp rooms. Well we arrived and after sleeping the 1st night of a 2 night stay I was really disappointed in the quality of the queen size bed, it was lumping and you could tell that the bed was totally wore out.
I told the desk clerk about the bed when we checked out, she replied that the beds had all been recently replaced. I wrote 2 reviews complaining about the beds, no response. I rec'd an email 2 weeks ago about our recent stay, still once again no response from Coushatta. I guess they only want to respond to the high rollers.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went to Coushatta to meet with some ex-military friends for a reunion. Room was clean, pleasant to the eye, bed very comfortable and room extremely quiet through the night (3rd Floor) The air conditioner worked wonderful (thankfully)
Staff at desk very helpful and informative.
Swimming Pool and Lazy river excellent additions, and the pool bar staff a pleasure to talk to even acknowledged us in other parts of the Casino/Hotel if we passed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Canyon Lake, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've stayed here in the past with no problem, but, this time it was miserable. We had a room with 2 queen beds and they were both wore out. When you sit on thye mattress and it makes noises then you know the mattress is wore out. The front desk clerk said they recently changed out the beds, but, I think they must have missed the room we stayed in. Might stay again at
Coushatta, but not the Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Opelousas, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We went for a quick getaway with two kids (9 year olds) . It was amazing! They have opened a new small water park with 2 slides , sprinklers, lazy river etc. everyone was so nice and accomedating ! I do see what some reviewers mean about the beds being a little hard, but I slept well. Of course we had to go to kids quest, they enjoyed that almost as much as the pool! While there we heard rumors they were maybe going to add a bowling alley & movie theater!! Fun for adults & children !!!

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The beds were soft and I slept well. Even though you could walk to the casino, the shuttle from the hotel to the casino was very useful. When I had questions, those at the front desk were very friendly, helpful, and informative. For a work trip, it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Grand Inn is conveniently located next to the casino. You can walk or take the shuttle bus to the Casino. Hotel and grounds are clean well maintained. Rooms are large and beds are comfortable for a great night sleep. Will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Coushatta Inn? Share your experiences!