I stayed at this little motel when it first opened under its original owner and it was perfect, clean and cheap. Well, now it is none of the above, as it is really showing signs of wear throughout the property and the price was almost $80 ($25 higher than my initial visit, although I was a walk-in this time). I got a non-smoking room that probably became such just after I asked for a "Non-smoking room, please", ha ha. There was a heavy smoke-masking deodorant in the room which I aired out for awhile. There was also a medium-sized spider that I dispatched, but no signs of any other insect habitation. The bed was soft and lumpy, due to wear and tear (I hate to imagine what kind). The continental breakfast... well, we drove to Vidor and ate at a Waffle House after seeing it, so I think you can fill in the blanks. If there are no other hotels in Kinder and driving back home is not an option... stay here. Otherwise, bring camping equipment, hehehe. Good Luck!
- Also Known As:
- American Inn Of Kinder Hotel
- American Inn Of Kinder Hotel Kinder
- Scottish Hotel Kinder
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The American Inn of Kinder offers guests free Continental breakfast served from 6:30 am to 9:30 am, free high-speed wireless Internet access, fax/copy service, wakeup service and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your American Inn of Kinder reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.