“good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn of Kinder

American Inn of Kinder
You added American Inn of Kinder to your Saves list
American Inn of Kinder
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14734 Highway 165, Kinder, LA 70648 (Formerly Scottish Inn Kinder)   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Kinder
Tyler, Texas
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

i love it, the room it very clean , great price ,no complain ,i will be back

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

This establishment now goes by the name American Inn of Kinder. The dispute is regarding their poor quality and lack of cleanliness on dec 17,2011.

As I drove into the parking lot - I noticed two adolescents exchanging money for something in a Baggie. I hesitated to get out of my car - they then yelled profanities and ran off. I called my travel agency to let them know I was travelling alone and feared for my safety and did not wish to stay there.They informed me that was up to the motel which refused any refund. I was upset and went to eat at a nearby restaurant. I decided I should not judge a book by its cover and checked in. When I opened the door to the room it smelled like vomit. I opened the door to let the foul air escape. I walked into the bathroom to find 3 large roaches crawling on the tub. I packed my things and went to the front with the key - I told Steven Patel about the smell and filth of the room. He said I know you didn't want to stay here but too bad you will not be getting a refund. I travel frequently for work and this was the filthiest place I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Steer clear of this roach motel - it smells of urine and vomit -
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Literally, the place smells like fish. The staff is not friendly and they tried to raise the rates when I checked in. Don't stay here

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Dirty walls, burnt out light bulbs, bare thread sheets, old food left in the mini fridge from previous guests, dirty/ripped carpet, thin walls (could hear the person in the next room snoring!), door to room would barely open due to ripped carpet, free shuttle to casino never arrived after being called 3 times. Did I miss anything? Don't waste your time in this dump! Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I drove all the way from San Antonio, TX and was happy with the check-in. It was fast. The Manager was very nice and would always give a friendly wave of hello. The room I had was clean and everything seemed to work. The cleaning staff were very good about maintaining the cleanliness of the room. I always had clean towels and the staff were also friendly. I stayed two nights and enjoyed the fact that I could go to my room and relax after spending most of my time at the casino. Not having to stress about room problems during a vacation is always a plus and this place was definitely stress-free. It is very close to the casino, maybe about 5 or 7 minutes away. There is a railroad, however, across from the hotel. Sometimes a train passes during the evening. The mattress felt very firm. Other than that everything was good and I was very satisfied with my stay. Just an FYI there is a very good Waffle Shoppe a few blocks up from the hotel on Highway 165. The pecan waffles and pancakes are awesome!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Iowa,La.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Scottish Inn was clean and we enjoyed our stay there. Only 4 miles from casino. Could not find a place to stay on New Years Eve. Wish I would have got girls name. Very polite and helpful.Thanks Scottish Inn.

• Liked — Very close to casino
  • Disliked — Price went up for holiday
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
WEST CENTRAL LOUISIANA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

The Scottish Inn was exactly what we wanted for a mini vacation at the casino. It is easily accessible right on the highway, just five minutes from the casino. I wager it will be even quicker once the 4 lane is completed.Check-in was done in a matter of minutes as the desk is steps from the entrance. Our room was next to the handicap access one and on the ground floor. Ample parking space for special needs was noted. Our room exceeded our expectations for the price. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. This was all that was necessary for our stay. My husband was disappointed that there was no coffee maker in the room, but a fresh pot was made and ready at the front desk, on checkout. A hair dryer, ironing board and iron, were provided in our room. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast at the casino but one was available at the inn. Enroute to the casino from the inn, were McDonalds, Market Basket, CVS, Sonic, and assorted local stores. Gas prices at the local service stations, were comparable to Feather Fuel, which is next to the casino. We will stay at the Scottish Inn again. A pond is behind the motel, which was an unexpected surprise.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything....
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
BEST WESTERN Inn at Coushatta
Days Inn Jennings
#2 of 4 in Jennings
3.0 of 5 stars 135 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings

Been to American Inn of Kinder? Share your experiences!