The jury is still out on the hotel, but wanted to write about the pool while it was still fresh on my mind. Let's do the BAD first:
(1) There is NO SHADE except on one tiny strip on one side of the area and it was totally MUDDY with what looked to be GREEN, SLIMY, SEWER OVERFLOW coming out of some capped PCP pipes in the ground. Really nasty! There was some more greenish water escaping over on the ground and sidewalk near the spa.
(2) Lazy River is overall just TOO SMALL! It is very SHORT, very SHALLOW (just 3 ft. deep), very NARROW so the inner tube floats take up too much of the space causing lots of jams and crashing into others. Instead of foam "noodles" they bought some kind of flexible things that float, but also are covered with plastic that is already cracking and is rough on bare skin. It's just NOT a very comfortable float in this Lazy River!!!
(3) Also there are very FEW CHAIRS and NO UMBRELLAS! It's a great place to get a sun burn!
NOW... for the GOOD:
(1) Basically it is a great pool for people with little kids as they have a good splash pad and lots of shallow water. Actually the entire pool except for where the slides came down was extremely shallow and hard for adults to float around in for the most part.
(2) Our 14 year old boy loved the slides. The water goes to 6 ft. only in front of the slides.
(3)The spa (oversized hot tub) was really hot and bubbly... very nice.
We stayed at LauBerge Hotel in Lake Charles on this trip also... so comparison is as follows: The hotels are both quite good, but LauBerge is MUCH LARGER. The water park at LauBerge is SUPERIOR by every measure!!! And the gambling was better at LauBerge, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new ultra modern Seven Clans Hotel with 401 rooms including 18 suites. Direct access to the casino and the entire hotel is non smoking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Seven Clans Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.