“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   517 First Ave., Kinder, LA 70648   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Kinder
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here overnight while visiting casino. The room was musty, wallpaper peeling off walls, hinge for safety lock on door missing, furniture in bad shape. According to website, hotel is 5 years old, looks more like 50 years old. Parking lot not paved, all gravel. Railroad directly across street and at 4am, a train came through blowing it horn. Anytime someone in the entire building flushed toilet or ran the water in shower, it echoed throughout our room and my parents who were staying next door. We felt very dirty after sleeping in beds and left as soon as we woke up the next morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rosenberg, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was in shock when I saw this place. It was a two room suite. I thought it was going to be great for me and my grown daughters. We were attending the Gary Allen concert. Truly,it was like a crack house...blinds falling down, broken, no curtains. Anyone could look through the windows and see you. Dirty, smelly, mildew, carpet pulled up, and not put back as it should be. We booked because there was nothing else available, not knowing that it didn't look like it did in the pictures. I could write a book about what was wrong with this hotel...do not stay at this place.

Room Tip: After seeing the place, we opted not to stay. All three of us agreed that we would rather drive back...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Visited AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN ,KINDER,LA. Tried To Give It a second chance to redeem it self from the first visit. Well it didnt happen. And this time there was an abundance of HUGE RAT DROPPINGS IN THE BED UNDER THE SPREAD. AND IN THE CHAIR. When brought to the clerk's attention he offered me the room right next door. NO I dont think so. I requested a refund and left. Never To Return.How DISGUSTING AND UNSANITARY IS THAT. And this was Mother"s Day weekend.

Room Tip: Don't stay here you are taking an unhealthy risk.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

1st of all make sure you understand that we are talking about the Inn at 517 1st Ave., Kinder, La. 70648-3533.

Having never been to Kinder, La I went to Hotwire.com to check on hotel recommendations.
All hotels in this small city were primarily 1 1/2 to 2 star therefore all appeared to be pretty equal.

I booked 2 rooms, one with 2 beds and one with 1 bed. Advertisted was continental breakfast with reasonable accomodations. I fully realized that is was not a 4 or 5 star and therefore had no preconceived ideas that I was gett a Hilton.

When driving up the first thing was the condition of the concrete over the entire property.

The 2nd thing was the appearances of the office (I should have known then)

Both rooms had only 1 bed. Room 113 had no air conditioning, holes in the wall of the bathroom and the bathrooms are so outdated and dingy that the girls did not take a shower baut just cleaned up using a face cloth that was not longer even white.

The second room 118, my room had such a fowl odor that sleeping was almost impossible.
I slept probably 1 hour due to the smell, noise of the air conditoning unit next door squaking all night. Part of the ceiling was hanaging, extrmely old bed coverings in both rooms and just a disgusting place to stay.

Had it not been after 11:00pm and were very tired we would have left rather than try to put up with this totally unsatisfactory hotel.

Rather than 2 star this hotel should be on a list of places 'NOT TO STAY"

Room Tip: please do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Galveston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We booked this hotel with the understanding that we were getting a suite, but when we got there, we were given a normal room with one bed. The front desk lady told us that they had booked all of their suites. When the owner came out to be talked to, he told us that for an extra $60, we can get a two bed suite. Not acceptable. We declined to pay extra and decided that we would make due with what we had. The room was filthy. It had not been vacuumed, the tv did not work properly, the iron was missing, and the blow dryer did not work. A short shower spout made us stoop to shower with the lukewarm to cold water. There were bugs in the room. Counters were dirty...just terrible. There were springs coming out of the bed and the sleep was awful. We paid too much for this room. When we checked in, we told the front desk lady that we had a small dog. No charge was given for the dog at this time. I guess because we complained about the room, the next day we had a different experience. The owner came running at us, screaming that we had to pay a pet deposit and that we had lied about the dog. We told him no that this was not the case. On top of our horrible stay, we had to pay an extra $10 for the dog. Never, ever will I stay at this hotel again. It was pitiful.

Room Tip: There are many other hotels in the area who give you a quality stay and do not try to take extra mon...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have never been to any of the casinos in Louisiana prior to this recent trip. Upon arriving in Kinder, Louisiana around 11pm, I notice two things: 1) This is a very small town, nothing is open except McDonalds (this includes gas stations), 2) There is a very limited hotel situation - if you are not staying at the Coushatta, you are probably going to be staying in a motel. Just FYI, on a map it states that Super 8 is closer to the Coushatta than America's Best Value Inn, but this is wrong. America's Best Value inn is actually closer. I think for being a small town, where the only thing around is a Casino, its totally fine. I have stayed in worse Motel 6's. It was clean, it didn't smell like smoke and the bathroom worked. For staying in a place only to sleep and get ready to gamble... I think it's perfectly fine!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Galveston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I had booked a room online for New Year's Eve about 3 weeks prior. When I booked the room, I was assured that the credit card that I used to hold the room would not be run, and I would be able to present that card or any other means of payment at check-in. Upon arrival, after driving 3 1/2 hours, I was told that they did not have my reservation. After the very nice front desk agent consulted with her manager, we were informed that the reservation had been cancelled because they could not process my card. When I showed the manager the booking on my phone, which clearly stated that credit cards would not be run until check-in, he began yelling at me, saying that he was not following the policy and would not honor my reservation. He told me that I could book a lesser room for nearly double the price, otherwise I could just leave and probably not find accommodations elsewhere in town. I immediately asked him to contact the hotel owner while I called the company that I booked the room through. When the manager came back and heard me talking to the booking company, he quickly changed his tune, agreeing to honor the original price and offering us an "upgraded" room with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. When we walked into the room, it was in deplorable condition. The front door barely closed, there were stains on the floors, a couple of dead baby roaches on the floor, torn and heavily stained furniture, and no hot water. Next time I visit Coushatta, I will definitely stay elsewhere. The only positive was the front desk lady. She was very polite and was trying to fight for us the whole time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Kinder? Share your experiences!