“Horrible,Horrible did I mention Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Wash,DC
“Horrible,Horrible did I mention Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

All the money went into the lobby. Furniture was very old, I think I found my old B&W television from my childhood. It's almost laughable how bad they are from frontdesk to the rooms. There were 13 of us staying there and not one of us was happy with that place I mean dump. Marriott should drop them. I left a shoe there and can't get an answer from the staff nor housekeeping whether it's was found.left my number and still have not received a call. Just a rude group of employees. Please don't waste your time. If you decide to stay anyway don't expect much. And remember, I told you so!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
GMFFIK, GM at Fairfield Inn Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
On behalf of the entire team here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that this is not typical of any of our Marriott properties and we are always striving to make improvements and ensure that each of our guests enjoy their time with us.
After careful review and several searches of our facilities, we were unable to locate the shoe that you are missing. We have begun the process of reimbursing you for the shoes and it is our hope that we can regain your trust as one of our valued and treasured guests. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any one of the leaders here on property if you have any questions or concerns or if we can be of any further assistance to you. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I was booked at the Fairfield in Kenner near the NOLA airport. The staff who answered my call for the airport shuttle and picked me up promptly at the airport were very friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately another staff was at the desk and they had already checked in 101% of their rooms. How 101%? One man had been given a key to an occupied room. The staff treated him like an idiot for not being able to use his key. Eventually a very friendly supervisor came back from an airport run and got us free replacement accomodation.

At one point the staff put me on the phone with the manager Bill who was home in bed. I told Bill he had a big problem at his property and he said he was too tired to deal with it.

I never got to see a room there so am not rating the rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
GMFFIK, GENERAL MANAGER at Fairfield Inn Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
we are sorry for your issues with our hotel, however, we are not perfect and can not for see these things happening.

the guest was not charged and well taken care of.
new orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

We stayed in this hotel two seperate nights because we were taking an exam close by. The people in the front were nice and then changed their disposition and actually yelled at us. We had to change rooms three times as the first had an alarm go off every three seconds, the second had the toilet overflow, and the third, though, the cable didn't, we were too intimidated to move to another room. The two ladies in the front were extremely rude and racist. The second night we went (two days later) they recognized us and were rude and aggressive from the get go. We ended up just trying to use calm voices and finally got to our room only to find urine on the seat. Yes, yellow slightly viscous urine. Gross, but we just didn't want to deal with those mean, rude, aggressive, racist women down stairs. There are other nice equally-priced hotels in the area- Go there!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here because we had an early flight to catch. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The hotel is in the flight path so that may not appeal to some people. My only complaint was that our room was right behind the elevator which was very noisy and shook the room a bit (all night long). If they offer you room 224, ask for another room. We didn't get to partake of the shuttle (it starts at 5AM), but we did use Service Cab which was very prompt and courteous. Cab fare for 2 was $16.75 not including tip.

Stayed February 2009
Eureka, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed at this location for only one night, in order to drop someone off at the airport, and chose this location because of the Marriott Rewards program and its shuttle to the airport. We had a king suite, although the room was quite small, and we had to move the sofa in order to have enough room to pass from the bedroom through to the bathroom when the sofa bed was made out. Other than that, it was well decorated, clean and enjoyable. The breakfast was the ordinary, but acceptable except for their being out of milk on that particular occasion. It is easily located just down the way from the New Orleans airport, and on the same street as an entrance to the Esplanade Mall just to the west on 32nd street. Although the location is right in the flight path of the airport, we were not bothered by the noise by keeping the fan running in the room during the night. I certainly would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Needed to find a place for just for a one-night stay, and found this while searching on Resideo.com

The location is excellent and easy to get in and out of, right off of I-10, and near the Esplanade Mall (and in a decent, safe, area).

Staff was very friendly, hotel appeared to be in good shape (clean, etc.).

Lots to choose from on the (complimentary!) breakfast -- and tasty, too. Plenty of tables and space to spread out.

Room was in good shape, decent size for our needs. Just wish the sink area could have been a bit larger. Free wi-fi worked flawlessly (just remember to ask for the login/password info when you check-in, as it's not listed in the room).

Will definitely stay here again if the need arises!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

During Hurricane Ike evacuation, we stayed here for 107/nt. Hotel is completely updated and renovated in a new style with vibrant colors. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Continental bkfast was awesome. Kids looked foward to bkfast every morning. Pool and hottub were great. The area in which the hotel is located is a very safe clean neighborhood close to the interstate and to shopping. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Kenner area. Even those there for French Quarter activities would do well to stay here as it is only about a 10 min drive to downtown and the FQ. Could not say enough good things about this property.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the property
  • Disliked — not anything really
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn Kenner New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!