“Very Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Eureka, MO
“Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed at this location for only one night, in order to drop someone off at the airport, and chose this location because of the Marriott Rewards program and its shuttle to the airport. We had a king suite, although the room was quite small, and we had to move the sofa in order to have enough room to pass from the bedroom through to the bathroom when the sofa bed was made out. Other than that, it was well decorated, clean and enjoyable. The breakfast was the ordinary, but acceptable except for their being out of milk on that particular occasion. It is easily located just down the way from the New Orleans airport, and on the same street as an entrance to the Esplanade Mall just to the west on 32nd street. Although the location is right in the flight path of the airport, we were not bothered by the noise by keeping the fan running in the room during the night. I certainly would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Needed to find a place for just for a one-night stay, and found this while searching on Resideo.com

The location is excellent and easy to get in and out of, right off of I-10, and near the Esplanade Mall (and in a decent, safe, area).

Staff was very friendly, hotel appeared to be in good shape (clean, etc.).

Lots to choose from on the (complimentary!) breakfast -- and tasty, too. Plenty of tables and space to spread out.

Room was in good shape, decent size for our needs. Just wish the sink area could have been a bit larger. Free wi-fi worked flawlessly (just remember to ask for the login/password info when you check-in, as it's not listed in the room).

Will definitely stay here again if the need arises!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

During Hurricane Ike evacuation, we stayed here for 107/nt. Hotel is completely updated and renovated in a new style with vibrant colors. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Continental bkfast was awesome. Kids looked foward to bkfast every morning. Pool and hottub were great. The area in which the hotel is located is a very safe clean neighborhood close to the interstate and to shopping. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Kenner area. Even those there for French Quarter activities would do well to stay here as it is only about a 10 min drive to downtown and the FQ. Could not say enough good things about this property.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the property
  • Disliked — not anything really
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

I met my husband who was on business. He usually stays here on his flight days. Stayed one night before going to downtown New Orleans. This hotel is under flight path but the noise did not bother us. The room was clean. Had a microwave/frig. Could not use work out room because hotel is under going a renovation. Husband wanted to go out to a nearby seafood restaurant he likes but we ended up ordering out from an Italian restaurant that gives you alot of food. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good (fruit, cereal, pastries). Would stay here again.

• Liked — The bed and free breakfast
  • Disliked — Renovations
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

I was delightfully surprised by the cleanliness, staff and accommodations at this property, especially since it isn’t located in the greatest of neighborhoods. I was hoping to utilize the airport shuttle upon arrival to MSY, but the shuttle stops at 11pm each night. Our taxi ride for two from the airport was $20.
Even though we arrived after midnight, the front desk staff allowed us to enjoy the hot (lukewarm) tub outside since we were adults. If you don’t have a car, your eating options are limited late night, so I had to eat from the vending machine…
The room was good sized, bed and bedding was plentiful and comfortable; the mattress felt similar to the memory foam ones. The only complaint I had about the room was the bathroom walls and around the shower was dingy and showed signs of constant humidity, and the room had a slightly foul odor upon entering, but it didn’t continue to bother me.
The complimentary breakfast was sufficient and readily replenished by staff: hard boiled eggs, cereal, donuts/danishes, yogurt, and heat and serve breakfast sandwiches.
Overall, my stay was much better than expected.

• Liked — rates; good free breakfast
  • Disliked — airport shuttle hours
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2006

It's been awhile since anyone has submitted a review of the Fairfield Inn, and I can report that this is a much better hotel than some old reviews would indicate. The possible negative is that the hotel is right underneath the fligh path of MSY airport, but it wasn't noisy enough for me to really notice. At any rate, I don't believe there is any post-midnight traffic at the airport under normal circumstances.

Marriott has been upgrading their bedding over the past couple of years, and this apparently extends to Fairfield Inn. I give the bed high marks and the room overall was very nice indeed.

I had to catch an early flight and cannot comment on breakfast, but they had the coffee brewing very early and that's all I needed.

The airport shuttle only runs once per hour and is shared with the Hilton Garden Inn further up the road. Heading to the airport, Fairfield is the last stop. Going back, it's first. Best of all, the hotel allows customers to park their cars when they fly out. I'd read that they're trying to discontinue this service, but they gave me free parking for the weekend. I heard another couple ask for 5 or 6 nights, and the person at reception didn't bat an eye. She made us fill out a form with the car's license number, because she "checks on them every night as she's leaving." Really sweet person, by the way.

This was overall a better Fairfield experience than I've had previously. The only downside for me was the difficulty finding the place. It's NORTH of I-10 -- look for it on the left and about a block off the main drag.

• Liked — Park & Fly
  • Disliked — Hard to Find
  • Stayed October 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Freeport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2005

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn, Kenner in November of 2005. The location was not bad. I really didn't notice the airport noise (not in room much). We stayed in a ground floor room. The bathroom sink was infested with ants. At first we thought it was just a few ants. So we did not complain. After the first night we woke up and our toiletries and the sink was infested with ants, everything had to be discarded. We advised the front desk, and we were advised they would send someone to investigate the problem. When I asked about what time would someone come look at the problem , I was advised by the front desk they had no idea and that they also had no idea of when we would able to change the rooms . This was at about 8:30am. I tried to be patient. I asked if some one would stop by within the next hour, the front desk stated they did not know. I asked if someone would come by 2 pm they still stated they had no idea. I went to my room and called customer service and they stated someone would be their within a half hour and they also called the front desk and we were given another room. The hotel is average, the staff is below average I would not recommend.

Stayed November 2004

Been to Fairfield Inn Kenner New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!