“good local hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Cleveland, Georgia
“good local hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

So far its the best maintained, cleanest New Orleans area La Quinta i have stayed in. Rooms are large enough, bathroom is normal sized for most hotels but huge compared to the other 3 local La Quinta's i have stayed in. Breakfast is normal for La Quinta's. A small bar is located in the building itself and a couple of restaurants are within easy walking distance. A Wal-Mart is just down the street. The only problem i have with the place is a personal peeve. They do not have coffee all day. Yes there is a coffee maker in the room but no pot. I tend to drink more than one cup and i do not like not being able to walk down front and get a cup.
Exercise room in the hotel plus a good sized pool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ples R

Baton Rouge LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We came to Kenner for the dog show. We had an added bonus of being able to see a lot of the dogs in the show at our hotel! FUN! We love staying at La Quinta, which we do often. The service is usually excellent and our accomodations are also very good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was a good option to be close to the airport. The breakfast included is not as good as that provided by other brands (such as Hampton). The rooms were clean and the linens, etc. were new and fresh. The only problem is the physical plant itself. The product (particularly bathrooms) are somewhat desperate for a major renovation. Although not dirty, the bathrooms appear to be dirty simply from age.

Room Tip: The suite is worth the price difference
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My room at the La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport was so very nice! The room was big and had all the things I needed. I certainly would recommend that Motel to anyone looking for value and excellent amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was very disappointed in this LaQuinta Inns & Suites because of the room given to me and not informing me beforehand what I needed to do. I made this reservation through the 800 number and I told the agent I wanted a non-smoking room but when I arrived, the hotel told me all they had was smoking rooms. I was told that it was first come, first serve and that I had to specify a non-smoking room for Special Requests which is absurd because usually Special Requests are like extra bed, a room by the pool, etc. I was also told that I needed to call in advance to get a non-smoking room but I wasn't sure that was guaranteed either. Luckily, my family didn't have any health issues being around smoking but I went ahead and got the room plus it was a Saturday night and I'm sure other hotels didn't have any rooms. We only stayed only 1 night and we tolerated it! I've made lots of reservations at hotels and this was the first time I encountered this. I also stayed at 3 other LaQuinta Inns & Suites during my vacation as well and those hotels weren't like this location with the non-smoking room policy. I recommend that changes be made about the reservations at this location about the room assignment & policies! I was disappointed that the staff didn't also try to be more accommodating in my concerns either!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is truly a wonderful place to stay if you are traveling with a dog. The exterior is a bit dated and the lobby could use a warmer decor, but the rooms are clean and spacious and the grounds are perfect for walking the dog. The staff was above average for efficiency and friendliness (this is coming from my frequent stays in hotels, as someone that frequents higher-end chains). I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our overnight short stay at this La Quinta facility near the NOLA airport was very pleasant. The young lady helping us in the morning with transportation to downtown was vey knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast was good and the beds very comfortable. The only thing is that our flight was delayed so we arrived late and the complimentary airport shuttle was not available so we took a taxi for $16.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Kenner
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!