“dont believe the pictures” 1 of 5 stars

Travel Best Inn
2240 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Kenner
baton
“dont believe the pictures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is the worst ever. First the smell in the lobby. Second the smell in the rooms. The walls r peeling. The bathroom is in terrible condition. People hanging out of there rooms like a homeless shelter. No wifi. (Its 2013) The price was right, but u get what u pay for. A BAD EXPERIENCE. I learn now to always read the comments.

Room Tip: Always read reviews on a hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My father literally just tried to crawl into bed and there was a puddle in the sheets of yellow pee that he sat in. It was very unsettling after a long day of traveling to have to deal with that. It was difficult and we dealt with the room with new sheets and flipping the mattress over but I personally would never EVER stay here again. Even after we requested sheets the employees at the hotel seemed like it was no surprise that there was pee in our bed... Horribly disgusting. Book a nice hotel further in advance. - the cost of this room was $98-

• Stayed July 2013
Pollock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here for my daughters softball tournament , nasty nasty nasty, the people was so rude. Hair all over the bathroom floor, door would not close and anyone off the street could just walk on in. If I'm ever in that situation again I will sleep in my truck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My sister and I decided to take a quick trip to visit New Orleans, but we did not want to pay the high city prices, so we choose this place because between the 2 of us, it was affordable and not too far from the French Quarter area. She and I read trip advisor, but we decided that maybe people were either exaggerating or they were just complainers. WE WERE VERY WRONG and are SORRY THAT WE STAYED HERE! NEXT TIME WE WILL SPEND MORE and STAY SOMEWHERE alot BETTER! Here's why: The clerk who checked us in was a very rude young man. He acted like he was doing us a favor by even talking to us. We must have disturbed him by walking into the lobby---TOO BAD-You work in customer service and if you do not like people, then you should find some other type of work that is not hospitality. My sister and I tried to ask him some questions about the area and he was very dismissive toward us. Did not say thank you or have a nice day. So much for southern hospitality. When we walked to the room, we noticed some undesirable type of people hanging around. We were glad to get to our room and lock the door. The room was not up to any decent standards. The bedding clearly had not been changed. The housekeepers must have remade the bed with the same dirty sheets, which were badly stained. It was a good thing we had our own blankets to use, and we were tired, so we just made the bed with our stuff and made do. My sister sprayed some air freshener because the room had a terrible musty-mildew odor. I called the front desk in the morning and spoke to 2 other clerks and got the same I don't care rude treatment when I voiced my concerns. I requested that a manager contact us, but to no avail. The second night, I heard a drug and prostitution deal go on outside our window. My sister called the desk and a woman answered and said well I can send security but what else do you want me to do and then hung up on me! We checked out and felt so relieved to just get out of there. We paid over $180 for 2 nights and it was so NOT worth it. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE! This place is no better than a brothel or drug house. Even one of their staff members told me when I stepped outside to smoke my cigarette that the police are over there often and that it is especially not safe for women traveling alone or people with children. Something that I noticed was dark hair all over the bathroom--not ours as my sister and I are both light blondes. Because of the hostile way we were treated, we didn't even bother to mention anything about the bathroom. This place should be condemmed! We have stayed in cheaper places than this one that are much cleaner and the staff is much nicer.

Room Tip: Good rooms are Someplace Else!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to go to New Orleans for Superbowl on a whim, so we booked 2 nights at this hotel because other hotels were either sold out or way over-priced. Since we were 2 chicks travelling alone, we were a little bit worried about the location and the condition of the hotel after reading the reviews but we took a chance. The pros: (1) the location is convenient to the interstate so it's a straight drive into New Orleans and the area around the hotel seemed very quiet (a security guard patrolled the parking lot in the evenings); (2) the hotel staff were courteous and helpful; and (3) the bathroom floors, counter, and toilet were clean. The cons: (1) the hotel needs a massive update - the room smelled musty and furnishings very old; (2) the tub, shower curtain, and towels didn't appear very clean (we had our own towels, lysol, and flip flops); (3) The bedding seemed suspect (thankfully we brought our own blankets and pillows), and (4) we found a cockroach in our room the day we checked out. This hotel served it's purpose because we were in a bind, but bind or not I would likely never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It gives a new meaning to roach motel. although their were no roaches, it had every other creature show up. I woke up to a lizard, palmetto bugs and ants. When I pushed the bed against the wall, there was leftover vomit from a previous person and it was just left to dry up and the bed was move to cover it up. Nasty is not the word. What is worse is the manager had such a nasty and negative attitude that he was not willing to discuss the issues. His staff is so scared of his tyrant behavior that it was best just to check out and go where you get what you pay for. $160 a night for that....NEVER again!!!!!! The money that they received from hurricane Katrina must have went into his pockets because there were areas that were horrible and had not been repaired. This place should be condemned not advertised. Heed my warning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kenner, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I often stay at Travel Best to "just get away and relax" times. The staff is always friendly. They make sure I am happy with my room and they even recommend the best places to eat and also things to do. I have said this in the past and will say again that it is not fancy, but it is clean, quiet "home away from home." The bad reviews are from the types of people who want to get "something for nothing." I was in the lobby several times when I witnessed the clerks being harrassed by customers who were clearly lying about or blowing things out of proportion. Anything the clerks offered to do was not good enough. During the hurricane back in September, I passed thru the area and decided to check on my friends there. I saw housekeepers working diligently to make sure the rooms were clean and well stocked. The lobby was chaotic, but what do you expect?---It was a Hurricane Area----people's emotions were high and so were stress levels. The clerks did their best to make sure everyone was helped. There were a few mistakes and they may have been better resolved if crazy people weren't screaming at the staff. Sorry theres a fine line between abuse and service. Customers not always right here---I am with the TravelBest staff 100%.

Room Tip: Second Floor is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travel Best Inn? Share your experiences!