“Comfortable, Clean, and Cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Travel Best Inn
2240 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Kenner
Kenner, Louisiana
“Comfortable, Clean, and Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I stay here sometimes just to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is what we need-clean, comfortable, quiet room so we can rest and relax. The service at the front desk is always polite and courteous, however, this is not a four star establishment, so don't expect room service and fancy rooms. I like to think of this hotel as a "home away from home." When we bring the kids, they enjoy the pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011 via mobile

Put it to you this way, if you forget a valuable in your room don't expect to ever see it again. Also, the bath towels are the size of hand towels and the pillows are terrible. You cannot see the bottom of the swimming pool and the jacuzzi had mildew in it. Never again!

• Stayed July 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Clean enough, comfortable beds. Very nice staff and housekeepers who seemed very friendly and warm during our stay. I forgot my tickets in my room, and they mailed them back to me promptly.
Location isn't the best for someone without a car as it's in front of a busy road, but there's many dining options near, and the hotel has free breakfast that you can cook up. It's very near MSY, and offers a nice airport shuttle that's ready to pick you up within minutes of calling. But it's not too close to MSY to where we were bothered by the sounds of planes, or any sounds for that matter.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New oRLEANS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

This place is a hot mess. it has a great location to the airport that is the only thing good about it. the people are rude and they are not helpfull. I had to walk down the street and drink a few beer that way I pass out and sleep with the music in the next room. Try a better hotel spend $20 more $$$.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Well originaly didn't plan to stay at this hotel but non-the less it was ok for somthing last minute. As always you get what you pay for, my room wasn't dirty, the sheets were clean, bathroom was clean and matress was clean also. We were down there for the Marti Gras so we didn't spend alot of time in our room. I would recomend this to someone who isn't very picky or doesn't plan to spend alot of time in there room and by picky i mean flat screen T.V, jacuzzi etc. Now the service at the frount desk can use a little help cause the cashier was very rude. It's not that quite cause it's by the airport. And i wouldn't swim in the pool.. then again it was 40 degrees outside so it might b different.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

If you're picky as can be, do not stay here. I mean honestly, you're paying $39-$45 a night so if you complain about a little hair on the carpet, then what did you expect? This is a inn/motel...not some five star hotel. So if you just want a place to sleep and not pay over $100 a night, then this is the place to be. Room was very decent when I arrived. And staying downtown sometimes can be too costly so I usually stay a little further away when I come back here.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
SusanP_9, Asst . Manager at Travel Best Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Thank you for your kind comments.. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconveniences that you have experience at our hotel. but with your feedback, we can make this hotel better for all our guests and we will keep our rates at an affordable throughout the seasons. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Thank you.
Hotel Management
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

This was the worst hotel stay that I have ever experienced! Upon arriving my friend went into the lobby to check in, when she returned to the car I noticed that she had the TV remote control with her. I immediately knew that if they had to keep the remote at the front desk this wasn't going to be that great of a stay. We found the building that we were staying in. There was no security door or anything, you just opened the door and walked down the hall. The doors were old, brown, decaying wood. We immediately smelled the aroma of marijuana coming from one of the rooms. Our room was near the end of the hallway. When we put the key in the door began to move without any force. We unlocked the door and went into our room. At first glance I noticed not one but many issues with our room. First of all, the bathtub was in horrible condition. It was dirty on the inside and the caulking around the tub was wearing away. The strips that are in the tub in order to keep you from falling were peeling. There was hair in the bathtub and the sink. The shower curtain was covered with film and dirt. The toilet seat had black spots on it. I told my friend that we had to go get some cleaning supplies because there was no way that we could use the restroom in the state it was in. I always bring my own bed covers and sheets because I don't sleep on hotel sheets, so before we left I stripped my bed and began to put my sheets on only to discover that my mattress had cigarette burn holes in it. We tried to go to two Walmarts that were close to the hotel but they were both closed and an officer said that no one worked overnight after Katrina so the only thing that was open was Walgreens. That's where we bought rubber gloves and cleaning supplies. We didn't even get to take a shower the first night because we want the bleach and other cleaning supplies to sit to make sure that we got it as clean as possible. We put a toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet. We woke up the next morning to an overflowed toilet. Water was all over our floor! I went back to sleep and my friend called maintenance. I wake up to a noise and see a tall main with rain boots and a rain slick on entering our room. It scared me half to death. he didn't have on any Travleodge apparel or anything he just announced that he was there to fix the toilet. After he left we had to flag down the housekeeping lady in the hallway so that we could get some towels to clean up all of the water only to discover that she didn't speak any english. We went to Walmart so that we could get some shower shoes. I started to shower and discovered that the tub wasn't draining, so all of the dirt that was already in the tub and all of my own dirt was standing in about 1 or 2 inches of water at my feet. I had to stop mid-shower to try to drain some of the water. When I wa sbrushing my teeth I discovered that the sink wouldn't drain wither. I had put a bottle of juice in the refrigerator when we first arrived and when we were on our way out I was goiing to take it with me only to discover that it wasn't cold. I thought that the refrigerator wasn't working, but when I looked behind it the fridge wasn't even plugged up! You can see that it was just one problem after another. The rest of our two-day stay pretty much the same way! I wouldn't advise anyone to stay here! Run far far away!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Travel Best Inn? Share your experiences!