“Nice hotel ... very convenient to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park and Go Package!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Nice hotel ... very convenient to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a very nice hotel and quite convenient to the airport. The rooms are large and comfortable. My only complaint would be the size of the bathroom. It was very small ... very little counterspace. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is in the rear of the hotel. I saw a security guard walking around almost every time I went out to my car. As with most Doubletree Hotels, the quality was consistent and reliable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thanks so much for posting your review. Taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience is valued and appreciated. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again in the future when you travels bring you back to the “Big Easy”.

Weylan Rhame

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Raymond, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this weekend. It was by far the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. My children really enjoyed the large, spacious pool. The part of the the experience that was really the most impressive was the customer service. the gentleman I dealt with at the desk ( I believe his name was Darvon) was amazing. He had a warm and welcoming attitude and amazing customer service skills. I will certainly return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
It is wonderful to read such nice comments and positive scores about your most recent stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to do so again.

Arcata, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great rooms, great staff, great breakfast, awesome cookies. Bed are comfortable and rooms are clean. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable about surrounding area and the city. Enjoyed my stay, will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay and especially to provide such kind remarks about the service you received. Our hotel is wonderfully convenient for those guests not wanting to deal with the hustle, bustle or expense of staying and parking downtown and I'm glad that we had the opportunity to host you during your visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Webster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I'm from New Orleans but I live in Texas we travel home to visit friends and family this was my first time at this Hotel everyone was great the room was clean plus very good location secruity parking lot I didn't have to worry about my car....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It was wonderful to read such nice comments and positive scores about your most recent stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the Big Easy.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for my sisters Wedding. This hotel was fantastic. We were so close to New Orleans with out actually being in the city. It is super close to the airport and you couldn't even hear the planes landing or taking off. The price was fantastic. The service was great the beds comfortable and clean. Overall we had a great experience. Next time we are in New Orleans we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Check in online, that allows you to preselect your room. Since we were traveling in a large group an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Such detailed feedback is extremely helpful to us and will allow us to focus on the concerns you noted in an effort to improve our product for our guests. Thank you once again and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Tuftonboro, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Not my first time here, but this was a very nice visit, pickup from hotel on time, (they were waiting for me at airport), courteous and prompt check in, room ready for me with A/C set at comfortable level, very pleasant and helpful staff. Past visits have not always gone as well, credit should be given when credit is due, based on this visit, I would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Please accept my personal thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent visit to our property and for providing the feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and especially glad to see tht we met your expectations. look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.

Troy, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I was impressed how quickly the shuttle arrived, it usually takes 30 minutes but this time it was 10. One thing though, I had the gratuity in hand for the driver when he did not even step out of the van at the airport or the hotel to assist with the bag. I have no problem carrying my own bag but in the past other drivers insisted in helping, probably to get a gratuity which is why they are there. The female behind the desk was amicable but nothing special. Last visit the person behind the counter was bubbly and more pleasant and inviting. The room was clean and the bed comfortable which is why I always enjoy my stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay. There are many opportunities for us to improve from the comments we receive, and in this case I will definately communicate with my Front desk staff so that we can improve based on the comments you provided. I appreciate you providing the detailed feedback. Thank you once again for bringing those issues to my attention and I look forward to having you again as a guest.

Weylan Rhame

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!