“Aging Dame” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree New Orleans Airport

You added Doubletree New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Doubletree New Orleans Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2150 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Go Package!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
“Aging Dame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff in this hotel are the strength of the property. The cost per night is quite expensive (even on an expense acct) for this property. My room was $209 plus tax etc.

It was obviously built many years ago and needs a significant overhaul of the rooms. The bathroom was tiny (the door opened to within inches of the sink).

The parking lot is dark and the back entrance not well lit.

Again, the staff were incredible.

• Stayed March 2012
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
First of all I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience comments about your recent stay. This hotel was originally built in 1974, but I'm happy to report that we recently completed a $3.5 million dollar renovation and we are thrilled with the outcome. Security is at the top of mind with us and I'm going to make certain to review our back parking lot and add some additional lighting if all possible. As far as the rate goes it does appear that you stayed with us during a time of very high demand thus the reason that the rate was higher than normal. Many of the comments we've received in the past have mentioned the great value of our hotel as compared to others so please know that our rates do fluctuate depending on the special events going on in the city and surrounding areas. Again, thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff and for your business.

Weylan Rhame

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms and service were up to Hilton standards. The rate is considerably less than downtown, and more available during events. Good, free airport shuttle. If you don't have a car, you're stuck. The taxis have to come from the airport in busy traffic to take you downtown. The wait was considerable. I did the bus to streetcar a couple of times, fun once and then wears thin. So, if you stay here and plan to spend time downtown, plan to rent a car. There are some good restaurants very close by. I was here for a downtown event and would stay here again only if the convenient hotels were full or I was coming in and out for business and wanted to be close to airport.

Stayed March 2012
Newington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after a weekend in NOLA to catch a Saints game before an early Monday morning flight. Very "beat up" from my one night on Bourbon street and the sleep number bed in the room I had provided a great nights sleep. Room was clean. Would definitely consider a stay there the next time I'm in the area.

Stayed September 2011
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
There is no doubt that our location to the airport is one our very best advantages to other hotels, well next to the “Cookie” of course. And we are very happy to see that you enjoyed it. We will definitely look into our elevator issues and do whatever is needed to make sure that they operate properly because we understand the importance of that service. Our breakfast buffet is probably the very best in the area and I was glad to see that you had the chance to enjoy it. We appreciate you taking the time to write comments about your stay and hope that we have the chance to serve you again in the future.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Upon arrival, the service was fantastic (and the complimentary cookies were fresh, warm, and amazing). The room was good (awesome bed). Unfortunately, the walls were not good at keeping out noise. I could vividly here the person next door talking on the phone. The elevators look worn and run slowly. I loved that you could take the shuttle to the airport 24/7. When I checked in I was told they run every 20 minutes 24 hours a day. When I went to pick someone up at the airport around midnight (why I didn't drive myself), the shuttle driver told me the 20 minute thing only applies in the morning. After I picked my friend up, we waited 45 minutes for the driver after calling the hotel to have him pick us up. I followed up 3 times with the hotel while waiting, and they kept telling me he was on his way-which couldn't have been true since the hotel is so close and we saw neighboring hotel shuttles come back 2-3 times. The free wi-fi was fantastic. We enjoyed the complimentary water and coffee and the mini-fridge. The breakfast at the hotel was great (lots to choose from from hearty breakfast options (sausage, eggs, hashbrowns) to assorted items to items to make a healthy granola mix. I was definitely impressed with the selection and quality of the food. Check-out was painless. Parking is free. They have a nice bar that's open fairly late. Overall, a good experience.

Room Tip: If slow elevators bother you pick a lower floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dandridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I work offshore, and just started staying at the Doubletree for crew change. I was very impressed by the customer service, and the rooms were nice. Check in was very friendly, and the cookie is always a nice touch.

The rooms were appointed in traditional Doubletree decor, and featured Sleep Number beds. I have to admit, I was unimpressed by the Sleep Number beds, I found them to be very uncomfortable. I believe that these mattresses are left over from when this hotel was the Radisson though, so the mattresses could probably do with an update. Also, all the pillows on the bed were down pillows, there was no alternative. My only other gripe about the room was that the air conditioner control on the wall did not actually have anything to do with the air conditioner. Despite there being a wall control, you still had to go to the actual unit to adjust the temperature.

I do appreciate the services this hotel offers though, including a proper breakfast starting at 3 AM for early bird travelers, and free long term parking available for hotel guests who need a place to safely leave their vehicle. I also appreciated the hotel van being promptly available to rush me over to the Crowne Plaza around the corner where the crew change van was actually leaving from.

All-in-all, I don't have much choice when it comes to my work travel, but I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree, and look forward to returning there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tuftonboro, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

First impression was not great, long wait at airport for van, found out they have two vans but only one driver. Check in was good, very friendly, room was very nice but the a/c and heating unit squeeled so much that I had to shut it off to sleep. I did have to get up early and found there to be no hot water, when I mentioned this to front desk they said they knew that the hot water recirc system was down in that side of the hotel and that they had the parts but had not yet installed them. Begs the question why they did not tell me that I would have to run hot water in the morning for 15 minutes to get any, or better yet, puit me on other side of hotel. I have no idea how full they were. Food seemed good, slightly expensive at $12 for a burger though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
First of all I must say that it's great to get feedback like this which allows us to constantly improve upon what we do. I'm happy to report that we recently completed a major hot water boiler repair which has resolved any previous problems that we had with hot water. The Hotel was recently renovated and looks terrific. Our service scores are among the best of the brand and we intend to keep them that way. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this information and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The service at this hotel was great. They made check-in fast and explained everything I needed. The parking is bad. You must park out back which is an easy spot to be robbed so look around when you get out of your car...just saying. The elevators are slow but the rooms are very nice and quiet. Close to the airport and the gas station is right next door. Avoid the cookies at welcome if you are allergic to nuts! They should warn people of that and/or eliminate the nuts. The breakfast is free to members...at least mine was free. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay high but expect slow elevator service....they need a third elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the feedback from your stay. I’m happy to report that we’ve recently completed a parking lot renovation and it is in much better condition. We’ve also installed new lighting which has improved that area as well. As large as our parking lot is, we’ve had very few incidents and our overnight security patrols the lot frequently. I will share your comments with all of our management team in an effort to improve where we can and look forward to having you back again as our guests.

Weylan Rhame

Been to Doubletree New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!