“Nice surprise for an Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice surprise for an Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was in a pretty bad mood with yet another US Air cancellation and having to stay overnight at this US Air Hotel but it wasn't bad. Now I did luck out with being an IHG Ambassador, so was upgraded in a decent nice room. Hotel bar was OK and so was the restaurant. They were prompt with my 5 am wakeup call and then I was gone. Hotel close to the airport with 20 minutes shuttles from early morning to late evening. Not that I want to be stuck again in New Orleans with Us Air (4 cancellations in 2 days) but if I was this property would be where I would like to stay.

BTW with an airport voucher get in the line for Priority Club at the hotel. Saves you a long wait.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Barrett W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for being a valued member of the IHG Rewards Program and reviewing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport when US Airways bumped you off of a flight. We appreciate the opportunity to show off our excellent accommodations coupled with the superior service that we deliver. Thank you for your glowing recommendation and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Greater New Orleans area.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Federal Way, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This property was in the right place with a good rate so we stayed here the night before a cruise out of New Orleans. The staff was friendly and helpful. When we originally checked into a room that had been previously occupied by a smoker we were immediately given a new room. The room was clean and adequate. This property is similar to a Holiday Inn or a Best Western Plus.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport on your most recent trip to the Big Easy. Our convenient location just off on I-10 at Williams Blvd. makes us a desired location in the Greater New Orleans Area. Our superior service and first-class accommodations enable you to focus on the work that brought you to New Orleans with no distractions. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you back to the Greater New Orleans area.

Palmetto, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, nice pool area (although hot tub was cold). Staff were all very friendly (Ashley and Raisa were extremely helpful at check-in). Club room was very nice- great selection for breakfast. Dinah who worked in the club room was endlessly kind and helpful. Customer service is much appreciated these days, and this hotel did it right. Will stay here next time I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed February 2014
Barrett W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for making the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport your home away from home on your recent visit to New Orleans. Our talented and dedicated staff members are truly the secret to our success. Taking care of you so that you can take care of business is a daily goal of our staff. We appreciate your feedback which we will be sharing with our team members and we look forward to continuing to take care of your needs in the Big Easy.

Sherwood, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at Crowne Plaza New Orleans on our way to a Bahamas cruise. The staff was very friendly and compliant! The King room was perfect! The bed was so comfortable! I will definitely stay again! The business center was perfect for last minute printing needs!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport on your recent stopover in the Big Easy. Our staff is truly the secret to our success and is always seeking ways to help you relax and rejuvenate during your time with us. We are proud of our Business Center offerings and are glad that you found them to your liking. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you on your future trips to the Crescent City.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here through work as I arrived into airport after a long flight so overnighted here to get some rest. At check in the staff member was not very passionate/interested and other than give me room number and vaguely point down the corridor, no information was forthcoming.

I knew nothing about the hotels facilities eg pool/gym, whether breakfast was included or not and would have expected to be told this at check in, or at least have in-room answers.

The room itself was great, nice and spacious and comfy bed.

Upon checkout, I handed my key to receptionist who said thanks then carried on with her other task. I had no idea whether my account was settled or whether I had to pay for my breakfast. If I did have to pay, then I now do not have a receipt for matching up with my expenses.

Nice enough hotel for an overnight stop but the staff let it down for me on this occasion

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Barrett W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport on your most recent trip to the Crescent City. We are certainly proud of all of our offerings and agree that the clean and comfortable beds help to create a pleasurable atmosphere. It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to seeing you again as your travels bring you back to the Big Easy.

Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The rooms here are fantastic. I travel about 50 nights a year all over the country and the beds here are as comfortable as any I've experienced. Working space is smart and the room chair is awesome too.

Bathroom is well-lit and the towels are nice. The shower head is a bit low, but I'm 6'5" and that's a chronic problem.

The WiFi works well though you might want to pay for the premium service if you wish to stream a movie.

The issue here is the staff. I'm Priority Club Gold but was treated like a number at check in. No greeting, no warm smile, no life in the eyes or actions of any desk agents.

The bar was worse. I waited 18 minutes (yes I timed it!) before getting any service as the bar matron was too busy restocking stuff. It took another 15 minutes before the guy next to me got to order food. Several of us asked to change the TV channel but no staff could locate any remote to do that. Unacceptable.

I ordered food as well, and that came quickly. It was good-not-great, the pita pockets were quite tasty.

The came checkout and the airport shuttle. Once again the staff was unpleasant and treated me as if I was a burden to their workload. It's really not asking a lot to get a receipt showing a zero balance.

Then there's the shuttle. I waited 42 minutes at the airport for the shuttle. Apparently my request coincided with shift change. It's a 7-minute drive each way. No apology, no explanation, no urgency as the driver yapped with another shuttle driver at the waiting area.

It's too bad the staff isn't up to the standards of the rooms and the property, because this place has the potential to be a flagship Crowne Plaza.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Barrett W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport on your recent visit to the Greater New Orleans Airport area. I am not sure how we allowed you to get this impression of our hotel as our staff goes out of their way to try and create memorable stays. We further pride ourselves in being one of the top rated hotels in the IHG Chain in terms of both Overall Service and IHG Rewards Recognition. We take your feedback seriously and will be investigating the breakdowns that occurred during your stay to seek solutions that will avoid these situations in the future. If there is anything that we can do for you to make up for the breakdowns, please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the General Manager who will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and we truly hope you will consider us again as your travels bring you back to the Big Easy.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

From the time you get picked up at the airport by Andre, to when you get checked in by Risa, and have a great meal at there restaurant, for only staying one night everybody including the people i have mention supplied the best costumer service . The rooms are very clean and spacious. Defiantly will be back!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Barrett W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport on your recent stopover in the Big Easy. Our staff is truly the secret to our success and is always seeking ways to help you relax and rejuvenate during your time with us. We are proud of the dining options that we offer and are glad that you found them to your liking. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you on your future trips to the Crescent City.

Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!