“Much better stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Pittsburgh
“Much better stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Gave hotel another chance after a not so great stay and I was very happy with the stay. As before the staff was friendly and very knowledgable. Check in and out was wonderful and the I can't say enough about the support at the front desk. Rooms are showing a little age but I was very happy with my room. Very clean and well kept, and no smoking room issues. Look foward to next stay.. Airport is direcly across the street so access is only minutes away.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from any smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Melinda M, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for giving the Hilton New Orleans Airport another chance. We are delighted to learn that this visit was a much better experience.

The attitude and knowledge of our staff is most important to us as they really make a difference when a guest is selecting one hotel from other and it is refreshing to learn that our staff did a wonderful job.

Customer feedback is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to New Orleans. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Orleans, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice stay..was able to book hotel the same day without to much of a hassle. Room was a nice size, bathroom was clean, and the restaurant was really good. Only thing I did not like is that there was issue with checkout where they did not read the special requests I placed and hotel staff was not communicating with each other where I was double charged. If that would have not happened then it would of been a wonderful stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tom M, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Anesha J,

Thank you so much for your review. I am very glad you found your room clean and spacious and our restaurant to be really good. I am sorry for the discrepancy at checkout but glad it was resolved quickly. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Attended a business meeting at the New Orleans Airport Hilton. The hotel was very clean and surprisingly quiet, as it is located just outside the airport. Room was well appointed and clean, the in-room dining service was quick and the quality was very good, although expensive. Meeting rooms and food/bev service for the meeting was very well done. Overall a very positive experience, and I am sure that I will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton New Orleans Airport – the positive feedback is very much appreciated.

We were especially delighted to learn that you enjoyed the service provided by our Banquet/Culinary Teams for your meeting. Last year, our hotel was recognized by Hilton Worldwide for “Event Excellence in Overall Meeting Satisfaction” - achieved by receiving positive scores through the Meeting Planner Program. Thank you for recognizing the team’s efforts!

We look forward to your return visit! Thanks, again.
Tulsa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel had the most courteous and knowledgeable staff that I had the pleasure of communicating with. This Hotel is run by a professional staff with Upper Management very involved with the day to day operations. I will recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting or doing business in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Melinda M, Director of Sales at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport and thank you for the positive comments.

There is no greater compliment to a hotelier than to have your hotel be recommended by a previous guest. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for the positive review and we hope to see you again soon.
Lighthouse Point, FL, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This Hilton is not worth bearing the name Hilton. My room was filthy, desk has sticky stains, carpet had stains, bathroom door was damaged, mold in bathroom grout,.... room 312. Bartender last Tuesday needs an attitude adjustment, in the 2 hours I was there he did not smile, slammed my dinner plate down, turned out to be someone else's dinner....the only plus would be the front office personnel and the bar waitress. Not worth the 189 / night that I paid.
Will not return until they at least refurbish the rooms.

Dear Paul W,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I have shared your comments with our Front Desk and Housekeeping Teams as well as our bar staff and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with hospitality and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Once again we appreciate your review very much.
Friendswood, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is nice. Fitness facility if fairly robust. The pool needs better lighting for nighttime swimming as it is outdoors. I did have one issue as the coffee shop was closed at 645am - exactly at the time you want your morning coffee. The hotel restaurant is nice and had some decent options.

Dear Pat S,

Thank you for your review and for your comments regarding our pool. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it help us to do a better job of providing top-notch service. I apologize for our River Blends coffee shop being closed and we do have complimentary coffee available in our Lobby for early morning guests. I am sorry we did not do a better job of providing that information to you. We are also in the process of adding exciting new menu options in our restaurant. Please do come back and see us again soon as we look forward to providing you with the quality and comfort you should expect from our Hilton brand.
new york, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

its far from the city and to expansive. the drink is to expansive and there is no internet and you have to pay for it. food is not good too. even the cheapest hotels nowadays has free internet and fridge and freezer and microwave. because when you are with your kids you need it. too much different between their card members and you just walk in. they give them the room with all the above and you have to pay for each one. Overall, this process took over 1 hour. Granted the check-in attendant was a trainee, and did not tell us to go to the bellhop management desk, no problem, first 20 minutes forgiven. But once I called the bell station and was told of the process I 1) found the process odd in that it is not normal for a guest to have to do this step. 2) the bell management desk, once he had my ticket numbers, did not promptly get my bags to my room, a second 20 minutes waisted of my time and work day lost (it's now after 5 pm, office closed). 3) I went to the bell desk to see where my bags were and he told me I was next on the list. I asked where my bags were so I could go retrieve them. He said they would be where I dropped them off. I went to the curb but my bags were in a storage room, not next in line as bags were being moved off the curb as I was trying to retrieve my bags. Once out of storage I asked to take the trolley so I could get my bags to my room, he said this is not allowed...I ask, Why did the bellhop manager not take care of this once I was at his desk, but instead referred me to go get my bags at the curb side? This is the Hilton! Why does a guest have to be put under this duress about a simple function of delivering bags to a guests room?! I asked to see the manager, who was at best complacent and disinterested. He did take action once the disappointment in Hilton was made clear, but this took me threatening a poor review, and expressing my total displeasure with the Hilton Hotel chain ( 'I expect this service from Motel 6...').

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Abbas K,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for our failing to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we will address it again in our upcoming Staff Meetings. Please know we are here to provide exceptional service to our guests 24/7 as you should expect nothing less. It will always be our goal to deliver upon our Brand Promise of ensuring every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!