“Park and Cruise frustration ” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Airline Drive, Kenner, LA 70062   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Southwest Missouri
“Park and Cruise frustration ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I were leaving for a cruise out of New Orleans. We drove 12 hours and planned on spending the night before we left in Kenner at the airport Hilton. First we were greeted by a woman who seemed genuinely disinterested in us. We tell her we are here to check in and that we were doing a "park and cruise" package. She proceeds to barely look at our reservation and says no we just have a room booked. The gal next to her looked at the computer and simply said no we don't have any type of park and cruise reservation. We were then told that we would have to pay an additional $80 to leave our car parked at their hotel. After several more minutes of us explaining one of the ladies went and got the manager. The manager quickly came over took one look at the computer and said that indeed we did have a "park and cruise" package and that their would not be an additional charge. The 2 other ladies just dismissed the conversation and went about their business as if we did not matter. The room was in good shape and was clean however the bathroom was rusted fixtures and moldy caulking. Sad to say for a Hilton it sure was sub standard. The next morning we were supposed to have a cab which was paid for by Hilton. They called a cab and made the driver wait for 10-minutes to get paid so he could take us. The woman behind the counter was preoccupied eating breakfast to bother with coming up front to pay the driver so we waited until she was ready. If you are planning on doing the park and cruise be sure to do the following:

1. Print a paper copy of the reservation details and who you spoke to.
2. Make sure the person working the front counter has the money available when they call the taxi to take you to port so the driver doesn't have to wait.
3. Park your car up front. The rear parking is tucked way behind the Hilton and most of the security lights are non-working which makes it pitch black at night.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom M, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear ptarka,

I am very sorry for your disappointing experience at our Hotel. I have addressed these issues with our entire Team so that the situation does not repeat itself. Please know guest satisfaction is our number one priority and I am sorry that your check-in experience did not impress that upon you. I hope you will afford us a future opportunity to show you the true Hilton experience you deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Covington., United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I attended a four day retreat at this Hilton recently. The room was nice, clean and airy as well as quiet. I ate all meals at the hotel. The wait staff was great and the food was good. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Wilber D,

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay and experienced some of our Executive Chef’s delicious food choices. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Medford Lakes, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel for value and location is a good place to stay. The hotel is past its prime. The property requires to refreshed with new furniture, bedding and decor. The staff is friendly at the desk and the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Maurice P,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you found our Hotel to be a value and our staff friendly. Please know we are consistently working on renovation projects throughout the Hotel. The Hilton brand has strict standards and we work hard to exceed them. I hope your next visit will allow you to experience some of the exciting changes we are working on. Thanks again for your review.
Franklin, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My tired family and I (2 adults and 2 teen kids) arrived at 12:30am with a guaranteed reservation for 2 double beds only to be given a key to a room with one bed. We had to go back down and tell the front desk that we were given the wrong room. She said there were no other rooms and we could put a rollaway bed in there for the 17 and 15 year old to sleep on. When I told her that was not reasonable to put 2 grown kids on a rollaway and expect them to sleep well and that I would not have booked a room with those accommodations she said that's all she could do. I have had one other experience where a hotel I had booked did not have appropriate accommodations when I arrived and they took me to another hotel close by and make sure everything was made right.

I sat my family in the lobby while I tried to find a room for the night. I called Hilton customer relations and the lady could not believe how I was being treated but she got us into a Hilton Garden Inn not far from this hotel and Hilton paid the difference. I give credit to Hilton for taking care of us and will continue to stay in their hotels (I am an HHonors member), but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone after the way my family was treated. This hotel does not care about you or trying to make things better when they can not provide what they supposedly....guaranteed. Hilton should drop their name from this hotel before it ruins the good Hilton name.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that, although it very rarely happens, we were unable to honor your room type request on this stay. I absolutely agree that we could have and should have done more to assist you in finding other accommodations and I will certainly share this experience with my front office staff. I too am disappointed in how this was handled. Although you should not have had to go to that length, I am happy that our guest assistance office was able to assist you in finding more suitable accommodations.

Thank you again and I assure you that this was an isolated incident and not at all a true representation of the level of service we consistently deliver to all of our valued guests. I hope you will afford us a future opportunity to be of service on your next trip to the New Orleans area!
Metairie, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Lights missing and not working, wireless phone not working, TV analog and not digital so could not get half of the channels, upholstery torn badly, and bed was not very comfortable. Do not judge Hilton brand by this hotel as I have stayed at many Hiltons, and none were as poorly maintained as this hotel was maintained. It is convenient to the airport which is why I decided to try this location out, but at $199.00/ night before tax, I could have stayed almost anywhere else in this vicinity and saved money and had better accommodations. The good things about this hotel were that the shuttle to the airport ran very frequently and the lobby was very nice. I cannot comment on the restaurant since I did not have time to try it out. The room was very small as well and my wife and I ran into the bed trying to get by it to the other side of the room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your response. I am sorry that you found several issues within your room. Please know that the conditions as you described, in no way meet my standards, nor do they meet the standards of Hilton Hotels. I assure you that we maintain a routine repair and maintenance program, but it sounds like this room needs more attention. I have shared your comments with my Housekeeping and Maintenance department management staff, to stress the importance of providing a clean, safe, comfortable and completely functioning guest room experience.

Thank you also for your detailed account of your transportation experience, as well as your accurate assessment of our beautiful lobby. We absolutely appreciate your feedback. We hope you will allow us a future opportunity to be of service, the next time you visit the New Orleans area!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had bad flight times in and out of New Orleans so booked this hotel for 2 nights at either end of a business trip. It was not a great experience.

No Airport Hotels are great as they cater for that transient one night before moving on brigade so typically take a beating from a lot of movement from guests with lots of luggage. Even so, this place is looking tired and well past its refurb date. Surprised its a Hilton.

Getting too and from it was also a major hassle. Arriving into Airport we had one grumpy taxi driver who had queued up for ages to get a short ride to an Airport Hotel. We had a lot of luggage so walking was out as its too far. So had to tip him big to make up for the short trip. Great start! Then no water in room! Come on!! Your charging big bucks Hilton and you could put some water in the room. Not even any in the empty fridge. So weary traveller after long haul flight desperate for a drink in the night. Not impressed.

Check in was easy and fast however. Had a couple of beers in the bar on way out, at rip-off prices. Refused to eat though as the food looked grim. So not a great a Hotel and very poor for a Hilton

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize that you found our hotel did not meet your expectations. You are right that as an airport hotel, we do a high volume of business. However, we cater to many groups as well and perform routine maintenance to all areas of the hotel, in order to ensure a great guest experience.

Please be aware that we offer complimentary, 24-hour on demand shuttle service to and from the airport. Simply call us the next time you arrive and we will usually arrive at the transportation center within 10 minutes. As for the water, we now hand out water at the desk during check in. It's routinely provided to our HHonors guests, but is absolutely available to all our guests, complimentary upon request.

I certainly hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to New Orleans. I invite you to try the food in our sports bar. We consistently get compliments on many of our dishes, particularly our gumbo, which rivals many of the restaurants in the French Quarter.
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We checked into the hotel with no problems..... when we checked out 2 days later we made sure that everything was cleared as far as our bill, the receptionist assured us that the $381.00 bill was cleared and paid fully with our bank card. Three days later, our bank contacted us for suspicious activities with our card. The Hilton, without our authorization, put on hold an extra $438.27, THREE DAYS AFTER checking out of the hotel!!! That's over $800.00 for 2 nights stay. When I called the hotel they said that they don't know why, but by the next day, the pending extra charge will be dropped. It's not right that a business can put as much money extra that they want, on hold, without your authorization or aknowledgment. I will never stay at a Hilton ever again, and I travel all over the world for my business. When it comes to Hilton "WATCH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!!"

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your valued feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a friendly and efficient check in experience. As for your concern about an additional hold after check out, although I was not personally involved, I can assure you that it is not a normal practice at any Hilton Hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, as I would appreciate any additional detail that would allow me to help figure out what exactly happened. Please know that we value our guests business far too much to do anything of this sort. I look forward to hopefully speaking with you soon and a future opportunity to be of service!

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!