“Hilton Hotel, New Orleans Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Special Offer
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Greenfield
“Hilton Hotel, New Orleans Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff very friendly. I only rate this less than excellent because they continue to charge for internet unless you are top tier in their rewards program. I stay in too many other very nice hotels where I don't have to pay for internet and still be close to the airport. So important for business travel to have reliable and free internet service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for your comments regarding our friendly staff. I am sorry though that we did not exceed your expectations with internet service. The next time you stay with us, please ask for a manager on duty and give them your feedback. We welcome the opportunity to make things right during your stay. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Breaux Bridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very great experience. Stayed overnight, parked our car for a week while we flew to Miami to take a Carnival Cruise. Less expensive to park there than the airport. We arrived back at 11pm, phoned the Hotel, the shuttle was there in less than five minutes!! Outstanding service!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great experience at our property and found our service to be outstanding. Thank you again for your comments and please come back and see us soon.
Ballwin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Satisfied with service and accomidations. The proximity the airport is excellent and made it easy for us to catch a morning flight after having a meeting in Mississippi. I will stay at the Hilton on my next trip to New Orleans.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. So glad you found our proximity to the airport excellent and we look forward to your next trip. Thanks again.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

One extra night in NOLA and had the first flight out, booked this hotel last minute since it was the closest to the airport and was happily surprised. Smelled smoke in the first room I got, and the staff quickly and courteously moved me to a non-smoking floor/room that was great.

I was happily surprised and it lived up to standards I have come to expect at other Hilton Airport hotels I have stayed at around the country. Was able to get the first free shuttle to the airport the next morning (with the airline crews) and made the flight with time to spare.

Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. I apologize that we had to move you to another room to make you more comfortable. I am glad you enjoyed your new room and thank you for recognizing our staff as quick and courteous. Also nice to read you found our courtesy shuttle service to the airport quick and convenient. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here one night due to a flight cancellation. Room decor was cold and outdated. Bathroom was in horrible condition -- tub was cracked, sink in vanity was cracked. Faucets were old. Very difficult time locating parking outside.

The walls were very thin -- I could hear into the room next door. Any time the guy coughed or sniffled, I heard everything. You might say that this is because the rooms were connectors -- except that I could also hear every single footstep and conversation that was walking down the hall. Clearly not very much money was spent on insulating the rooms.

This is not worthy of the Hilton name. This should be reflagged as a Wyndham. THAT bad.

Though, I must compliment the shuttle drivers. They were great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your valued feedback. Guest observations are important to us as they allow us the opportunity to correct issues within and enhance our level of services. Please allow me to apologize that our property did not exceed your expectations. I do hope you shared your observations with a Manager on Duty while on property so that we may have the opportunity to take the room you occupied off market and address the concerns you raised. I apologize again for the dissatisfaction you experienced and I hope that you will afford us another opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel is about 20 minutes or more (depending on traffic) from New Orleans. But it is close to the airport. The rooms are smell like mildew. The hotel pool is small for the size of the hotel. Although breakfast is good it is expensive. The first morning we were in our rooms late becasue we got to th hotel after midnight. They said we had missed our opporutiy to have our room cleaned so we only received clean towels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sincerely sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments are not typical for our property and I do hope that you shared your comments with a Manager on Duty while on property. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to address any issues that would interrupt a perfect stay. It is our goal to deliver on our brand promise, to “Ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected” and again I am sorry that this was not your experience. I hope you will afford us a future opportunity to regain your trust.
Napoleonville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

As a native Louisianian, I am very embarrassed that many visitors from all over the country saw the filth on the floor of the spacious lobby (August 8-9, 2013). I last stayed here almost four years ago and the lobby offered an awesome first impression of this Hilton property. We stayed here last night and the first impression was, in a word, filthiness. We've stayed at several hotels recently on a drive from NV to Louisiana. No place approached this lobby floor's dirty condition.
The room was clean and quiet, but the lobby floor was enough to make me rate this hotel lower than 'Very Good'. The staff was great, quite helpful. The parking lot was packed with vehicles from many different states. How sad to think that this hotel's lobby was, for many people, their first impression of New Orleans and Louisiana! Gives the impression that management does not care. It looked like the floor had not been given a good cleaning in quite a while. I doubt that such grime could set in even a week's time. Please get the cleaning crew on target and make Louisianians proud...

Room Tip: Mattress was great, but not the pillows. We are not that particular, but these pillows were way too...