“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Kenner
Seattle, Washington
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I wasn't impressed. They need to upgrade but if you want an average room, this is it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is a nice, convenient hotel due to its vicinity to the airport. It has good, basic facilities and attentive and friendly staff.
The price involves a lot of "paying for the name" of Hilton, as I have stayed in many hotels that have been a lot cheaper and have had similar rooms/facilities but with additional inclusions. Wifi is not included, I believe it is $13, which is quite steep considering most hotels now provide it complimentary.
Overall, this is a good stopover hotel but I wouldn't recommend staying here for long periods of time, nor would I have overly high expectations due to the "Hilton" tag.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

That's right, bed bugs. Nasty biting blood suckers. We had never before been exposed
to the little varments, so initially weren't certain. Our stay was short (3 nights), but by our final morning we knew, bites around the ankles at first but by night three both my spouse and I were itching like mad nearly everywhere. Unfortunately, we checked out at 6 in the morning and I thought I'd call when I got home, ten hours of flying later I made the call. The desk answered, I said I was calling to report a bedbug problem, was put on hold for 10 minutes, then hung up on!
I wanted to give the hotel the room information but clearly they're not terribly interested. So now I even get to pay for ten minutes of long distance charges without cause. I should mention I also went online to the Hilton hotel site and emailed the information via guest services - no response there either.
Add to the bedbugs that you have to pay for WiFi and the coffee shop closes way to early to be useful and I'd not choose this hotel in future. BedBugs can be treated afterall, but hiking valuables to the front desk to put in a safe deposit box is a dated procedure that most hotels of this supposed calibre have addressed by adding in room safes.

Room Tip: check for bed bugs in the seems of the matress
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MikeWalker1, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I want to assure you that our trained staff maintains a vigorous internal inspection program, to combat these pests. No doubt you are aware of the national concern with bed bugs and I can tell you that Hilton is on the front line of prevention. I appreciate your extra effort to notify us of the issue and apologize that your call was not handled appropriately. Also, I have not received a notice from our Guest Assistance department. If you are willing, would you please initiate another Guest Assistance file? This will not only allow me to isolate the room, but it will also provide me an opportunity to contact you directly and offer my personalized apology. Thank you again for your most valued feedback.
Sevierville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Booked this room last minute on expedia. Was hoping that it would be a nice hotel considering the proximity to the airport. The staff was exceptional and our rooms were very clean. They accomodated our every request and helped with directions to places that we had wanted to visit. The planes caused no problems as far as noise and they have a wonderful sports bar and courtyard area. Easy access in and out and is very close to all attractions. If I can get the same price, I will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I got stuck here on a flight cancellation.
The rooms were small and nothing special. Actually a little below Hilton standards in my opinion. The lobby was very nice but check in was very slow.
My only real complaint was that Hilton never posted my stay credit or points for this night because it was paid for by the airline even though I had a $30 bar tab to my room.

That being said if the rate is good I would recommend this hotel but would not go out of my way to book it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

Check in was easy...our room was located on the fifth floor...

Very nice shower...very spacious room...great television, but horrible bed...

If I wasn't so tired, would have asked to move...

• Stayed June 2011
MikeWalker1, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. As part of our quarterly mattress rotation, I am having housekeeping pay special attention to all beds on the fifth floor, so that we might find and immediately replace the mattress you mentioned. I trust that every other aspect of your stay, particularly the service delivery, met and exceeded your expectations. I look forward to the next opportunity to be of service the next time you visit the New Orleans area!
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We spent one night here due to it's proximity to the airport. It's impressive when you walk in but that's where it ends. I thought hotels stopped charging for wifi about 6 years ago but I was wrong. Something like $13 for internet access. We had just come from a Hilton Garden Inn in AL that provided free wifi so we were a bit baffled. Everything was grossly overpriced here from the restaurant menu to the soda in the vending machine. The room was ok. There were some annoying aspects, like the overcrowded room to the unbelievably slow channel changing tv. They weren't huge issues but if this is how regular Hiltons are run then I wont be booking a room with them any time soon. The staff was very courteous and friendly however.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. Unfortunately, the incosistency between brands as it relates to internet charges, often times causes confusion for travelers. We do offer free internet to our most loyal Hilton HHonors members and free wi-fi is also available in our public space. I invite you to join the Hilton HHonors family! I apologize for the issue with your television, but I assure you that this is not the norm and could have been immediately corrected if we had been made aware of the problem. Your comment about friendly and courteous service confirms that we delivered the level of service that our customers expect and deserve and I hope we have the opportunity to be of service on your next visit to the New Orleans area. Thank you once again for your most valued feedback!

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!