“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn New Orleans Airport

You added Days Inn New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Airline Drive, Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Lexington Hotel New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the first time I've stayed at a hotel near the NOLA airport. I usually stay in the quarter, and I think after my experience I will continue to do so.

The price was great, beds were comfy and you can't beat being right across the street from the airport. Those are about the only positives.

The outside of the hotel, especially around the pool and elevator area was filthy. Trash everywhere. There were puddles of water in front of leaky a/c units that my daughter almost slipped and fell in. The elevator was broken and judging from the quality of the out of order sign it had been like that for sometime.

The room looked relatively clean, until I went into the bathroom. There were piles of dirt and what looked like mold in every corner. There was dirt on top of the remaining baseboards.

When I walked by the a/c unit to turn down the air I was blasted in the face with water that it was spraying out of the vents. The carpet all in front of it was soaked. When I looked in the vents they were super moldy. Ugh. I turned the unit on low and it stopped spraying water, but you could hear it gush out onto the sidewalk in front of the room.

Won't be staying here again

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. I will address the issues you mentioned with the outside of our property with the maintenance department immediately. I will also address the issues you experienced with your room with the housekeeping department. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable hotel and expect nothing less for each and every guest. If you find yourself back in the New Orleans area I hope you come back to stay with us to see that this is not the norm for our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Had booked 2 rooms on internet prior to tiresome journey from Ireland to New Orleans via long stop over in New York. The rooms were clean and tidy and beds were v comfortable. Air con worked perfectly if not a little noisily.! There was no breakfast inc but coffee making faculties. There is an excellent IHOP restaurant next door that caters for all tastes and levels of consumption!!! Yes, can't fault it.

Stayed July 2014
Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! If you find yourself back in the New Orleans area, we hope you come and stay with us again!
Beaverton, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed July 7-8 with our 1 year old. We reserved a non-smoking room with a crib, and minus not having the crib when we arrived and a very dirty 1st floor room (we wore shoes everywhere because our socks turned black on the carpet), I was able to live with it given the price. The cleaning staff was very helpful to locate a crib. We were able to child proof the rest of the room after some effort (for example, an electrical outlet with no wallplate we covered up by the bed/desk....we had to disinfect everything as well).

On the second day things got really bad when we returned from dinner. Our are was all labeled non-smoking rooms, but some new folks had checked into the room next to us with an adjoining door, and our room smelled like smoke. I went to the front desk and the person insisted we had smoking rooms (even though both had non-smoking signs on the doors), and reluctantly handed me another room key without so much as an apology or offer to help. After an hour of moving our things to the other room, disinfecting it, childproofing it, moving the crib, etc we were finally able to get our 1 year old down and get some sleep before the morning flight. By the time we moved everything from the old room the neighbors were extremely drunk, loud, and the smoke had completely filled our room.

I understand it's a budget hotel and they can't control some of the guest behaviors. My problem is they didn't bother to help us in any way, or even apologize for all the inconvenience it caused. The lady at the front desk was annoyed that I wanted to get my child out of a smokey room. I would highly recommend anyone travelling with their family to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Marc R
Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. We have received your email regarding your concerns and this issue will be addressed immediately. We will be in contact with you regarding your concerns.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our shortest hotel stay ever - 5 minutes max!! We arrived there to get a room after our flight had been cancelled with a airline distress rate. Inside the room the first thing we saw when we opened the door were big soiled marks on the carpet, burn holes in the wrinkled bedding, hair on the pillow, red drip marks over the door, mildew up the washroom tiles, dirt behind the washroom door - general filth everywhere!!!! This hotel does not even deserve a one and really should have a visit from the health board. By previous comments on this website things have not changed. Don't believe it when the management says the housekeeping issues will be addressed immediately. Do yourself a favor DON"T STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyFK320
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback. I would like to apologize for your breif unsatisfactory stay with us. The issues and concerns mentioned will be addressed with the respective departments immediately.
bellflower
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Rooms need updating. Plumbing was clogged and carpet dirty. Some of housekeeping staff was very unfriendly; in desperate need of customer service training. However front desk staff was very friendly and professional. High point: close to airport

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank iwill
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. The plumbing issue you experienced will be addressed with the Maintenance department immediately. The issue with your carpet and lack of customer service you received from our Housekeeping department will also be addressed immediately. I am pleased to hear our Front Desk staff was friendly during your stay with us. If you find yourself back in New Orleans I hope you give us another chance to show you this is not the norm for our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport
Hilton New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport

Been to Days Inn New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!