“The staff is extremely helpful and great to work with. The...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn New Orleans Airport

You added Days Inn New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Days Inn New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Airline Drive, Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Lexington Hotel New Orleans Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Kenner
“The staff is extremely helpful and great to work with. The...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff is extremely helpful and great to work with. The facility needs to be updated and COMPLETELY deep cleaned. The first time I stayed a month ago the WIFI would not work in the back of the complex. I called multiple times and while the staff attempted to fix it even after 3 days it still did not work. I was very happy that I was able to have my dog with me. They were very sweet with her. The second time I stayed 2 weeks ago they remembered me and were wonderful. I was in a room closer to the front of the complex and had no trouble with the WIFI at all. My fridge did not work and since I had to leave to work night shift they let me take my food to their fridge until mine was fixed. When I came back the next morning, it was in working order and I did not have any problems the rest of the time. The pool was not in working order either time I have stayed. I drive in from out of state for work so the price is great for what I need. I slept wonderfully even with being during the day and next to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad our staff was so helpful during your stay with us; we are all animal lovers here and like to make our 4 legged guests as comfortable as their owners. I apologize for the Wi-Fi not working properly during your first stay with us, but I am glad we could get you a room up front and the issue was resolved during your most recent stay. Please note that we are in the process of deep cleaning all the rooms, so the next time you stay with us you should be able to see a big difference. We look forward to having you back with us next time you are in town and in need of a clean, comfortable room at a great price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
MIDDLEFIELD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stay there often but this time I actually asked to speak to the manager and wrote a letter of complaint. There front elevator was broken for the entire 5 days I was there. The ice machine did not work on the second floor where my room was. The door lock batteries died and I was locked out of my room for 2 hours while the maintainer tried to fix it. The phone did not work in my room, the electricity went off do my fridge and tv didn;t work till I got someone to fix it and my room was not cleaned for 2 days until I finallymade a request. Finally, the Coke machine on the second floor was broken.

This place has really gone down and management needs to spend some money to fix some things I have stayed here for 14 years and the place has had its ups and downs. There has been some major staff changes in the past year and they have obviously had a negative impact. On a positive note they have hired a company that is dismantleing rooms and giving each room a major cleaning, rugs, walls, bathrooms and an overhall that makes the rooms feel much better. The staff means well but some of them are rude and unprofessional. I will try one more time and if things are not better I will moving on to another location.

Room Tip: Get a room in the rear of the building if you need an elevator. The center of the building by the po...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. Thank you for addressing your concerns with our management staff, we appreciate the fact that you came to us with your concerns. I do remember your particular incident. The issues you have mentioned in your review have been addressed with each respective department. Please note that we are in the process of repairing the elevator, and due to the nature of the problem, unfortunately it has created an issue with the entire area where the elevator is located. This problem will be resolved as soon as possible. We are working diligently to resolve this situation.
In regards to the staff changes, yes sir we have made some changes, these changes were necessary to provide the best service we can for our guests. Our staffing changes are making a positive impact, and hopefully you will notice this the next time you come to stay with us. Again, I would like to thank you for your review and we look forward to your future stay with us.
Kenner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

It's been awhile since I've seen a CRT television. That was the least of my concerns, while the T.V. was big and old, it also only had ten working channels. I was told they had wifi but when I arrived it didn't work. After trying some troubleshooting issues on my end to verify it wasn't my computer I talked to the front desk who told me to call tech support. Call tech support? Why should I have to do your job? I called tech support and they told me something I already knew the issue was on the hotel's end and that it would be up in ten minutes. I gave up after four hours and tried to go to sleep. The room decor hadn't been updated since the 80s and the bed was not only uncomfortable but the sheets were stained. In the morning I went to take a shower and I noticed there was mildew all over the ceiling. On the plus side it was right across street from the airport so if that is all you need then by all means stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. The Housekeeping issues mentioned will be addressed with the department head immediately. Please note that we are in the process of updating our televisions. I would like to apologize for the lack of assistance we provided as far as the wireless internet is concerned. This will be addressed as well. Again, thank you for your review, we value your feedback.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights during the beginning of June, 2014. I booked this hotel because it was close to the airport. We didn't want to miss our 6:30 am flight. The lobby appeared to be ok, but once we started to our room we knew the hotel might not be as clean as we preferred. Everything was soaking wet, as it had just rained the week before our stay. But there were puddles of water EVERYWHERE, even on the second floor walkway where we would be staying. Elevators were out of order, so we carried our luggage up the stairs. Very dirty outside, along walkways and outside the windows and doors of the room. Green moldy looking stuff on the railings and walls outside the rooms. I don't know if this was from all the recent rain, or if it's a permanent thing. Once in the room, we checked out the bathroom. It was ok, but there was a cap from a razor lying in the floor, which showed house keeping didn't clean it too well. When we pulled the covers back on the bed, we could see what appeared to be a dark red spot through the fitted sheet on the mattress. We didn't investigate that. pulled another sheet over it and didn't sleep near the spot. Air conditioner was sooo loud. It kept room cool, but would scare you to death every time it came on. The rooms circle the pool so at night while pool was open it was pretty loud. Never stayed at a days inn before and we didn't stay at another on our two week vacation. Avoided those even out west. I know we could have just left the hotel, but we didn't want to risk missing our flight. Do not recommend this hotel unless you really don't care where you sleep and want somewhere cheaply priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your feedback. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. The Maintenance and Housekeeping issues you mentioned will be addressed with the respective department heads immediately. As we are an exterior property the grounds to tend to get a little wet, sometime causing puddles, when it rains. We do try our best to take care of them as soon as we see them, as to avoid slip hazards. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our front elevator being out of service. We are in the process of getting this repaired. If you find yourself back in New Orleans, I hope you give us another chance to show you that we are a Clean, Comfortable Hotel at a great price.

Been to Days Inn New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!