“America's Worst Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2125 Veterans Blvd., Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Park Plaza Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Kenner
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“America's Worst Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Upon arrival, everything looked ok, even though the price was too high for the area it was located in.
Around five PM the girls in the room next to us started having a party. They were screaming and listening to very loud music. Apparently the hotel thought this was no problem, because the noise went on for hours. Finally at 10 PM we had to ask the girls oureselves to turn the music down, which they did.
However the screaming continued for hours more. There were at least 6 girls staying in that room, which was ment for a maximum of 2 persons. Apparently the hotel didn't care about that either.
After hours of not sleeping, finally we tried to call the front desk so that they could handle the situation. But of course no answer there. We had to go over to the girls' room again, but of course, the rest of the night they weren't quiet either and we didn't get any sleep at all.
The worst part was that when we complained about it the next morning, the woman at the front desk didn't take our complaint serious at all. No appologies, and not even making the effort to look at us and listen to us. She kept staring at her computer and telling us with a huge attitude, that this was normal for a hotel.
Apparently it was normal for this hotel that you pay 67 dollars not to sleep the whole night and not to get any service at all.
This hotel was really America's Worst Inn. Don't go here if you value your night's rest.

PS. The rest of the staff was very nice and polite, just the lady the next morning at the front desk was really rude and should consider a different profession (nothing that has to do with contact with other persons)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Booked this hotel through Hotwire at the last minute after getting tickets for the Sugar Bowl for 1/1/10. I was pleased with the front desk service--they were very nice and helpful. I liked that the access to the rooms was through the front lobby--it made me feel safer, as my friend and I are single, young women. The rooms are NOT quiet, though. Since the hotel is located near the New Orleans airport, we heard planes all through the night. Also, the walls are very, very thin--I heard every sound from the guests above us and to the sides of us. The room was surprisingly spacious, all things considered, and clean. A little rundown--as in, it probably could've used a new bathroom door and a fresh coat of paint--but nothing glaringly obvious. I wouldn't mind booking here again because the location was so convenient, but I would definitely bring earplugs.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

service is excellent .. nice and warm welcome. like to go agian there.. room is clean and nice..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We traveled with a group and reserved 5 rooms.. The bathroom in one of the rooms appeared to have been "used" and not cleaned. Wife had to clean it herself. Contenental breakfast was a joke. Had to be ask to make more coffee. Three of the room had dirty bed (i.e. hair in bed, stained linnens.)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

The hotel looked fine from the outside, and the lobby was clean, but the room was disgusting - stains on walls, graffiti on bathroom door, peeling paint and trim, furniture that was falling apart, a tree-shaped air freshener on the curtains, etc. We were actually told we were getting one of the "nice rooms." Besides that, we could hardly sleep at night since people were yelling outside and the walls and ceiling were paper thin.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

I walked into the Lobby to find 5 women sitting around with music playing and the phone on the desk. I stood there at the desk waiting for a good bit of time until one asked if they could help me, at which point I made the mistake of checking in. As I approached my room I was asked by man if he could buy a cigarette from me. I entered my room to find a dead roach stuck to the wall, medical tape stuck to the bathroom wall, ashes in the sink, huge stains on the carpet and multiple cigarette burn marks on all the furniture. There was no ashtray available even though it was a smoking room. (explains the burn marks on the furniture I guess). I pulled back the cover on the bed to find a sheet....just one flat sheet. nothing to climb between except the one flat sheet and the bedspread which I assume was probably no cleaner than the rest of the room. At approx. 1am the fire alarm went off and continued to sound for around an hour. When I called the desk to find out if it was ever going to be shut off they said they were waiting on the local police before they could shut it off. So for $55 I managed to get about 4hrs of the worst sleep I have ever had. BEWARE of ROOM 142!!!!

• Liked — Parking Lot
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!