“I won't stay here again! Nasty!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2125 Veterans Blvd., Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Park Plaza Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Jackson, Mississippi
“I won't stay here again! Nasty!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Got here last minute looking for a room. The girl that works nites at the desk is nice. That was the only thing nice.The Indian guy that works days acts mentally slow-like and walks around farting and laughing about it. The continental breakfast and the area was too nasty for me to eat. The room smelled musty and was old and not taken care of. The place is not clean. Even the furniture and bed spread was dirty . I slept fully dressed because I didn't want anything next to my skin. I think that it is run by a bunch of Indians that are too cheap to put money into keeping it up. There is no wifi in the rooms. it was #14 on trip advisor out of 15 . I looked at 15 too... It was even worse. All the good hotels were booked.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mexico, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Not bad for the money. Clean enough, but outdated. For the price, good location to stay just outside of New Orleans. Clean pool, good service and much better than some of the other places we stayed on this trip!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I should've immediately asked for a refund and jumped back in the car to scout for another motel...however hubby was tired and ready to simply relax so I took one for the team - since it's for one night only. But wow, the bathtub had stains and u could tell it had not been cleaned (toilet and sink counter cleaned & "appealing"). Dead insects on the window seal, old & overly worn comforter on the bed, overly used/thin wash/hand towels, etc. In fairness it's doable if ur a person who has "ruffed" it before, but I would not stay here more than 24 hrs! Oh yeah, <1 mi to the airport, free wireless, cable, nice tv, location close to eateries, stores, gas stations...AND OTHER MOTELS/HOTELS. :)

• Stayed September 2013
Livingston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We screwed up. We rented for a week without checking the reviews and looking at the room. We were tired from being on the road. The first room we checked in to, was demolished. I posted a picture, mattresses turned over, and a bug fogger on the floor. The bathroom was dirty with trash left on the counter. The toilet tank top was not in the bathroom, it was out in the floor. They moved us to another room that was poor to say the least. It was hot inside of the room, as it was a corner room. By morning, the room had cooled off some. We had them move us to another room. Bedding in very bad shape, carpet filthy, desk chair wore out. It gets very hot in here during the afternoon and evening. My wife asked and the manager(?) came up, and he said he can't help it if it is hot outside. He stated it was our fault for booking a room on the top floor. Umm, well, we were not asked if we had a preference!
The staff is rude, and not helpful at all. Cleaning? NOT. Wife has to go get towels when we want clean ones! Looks like I will be in the NOLA area for a while this summer. Definitely moving out when rent is up. Sleeping under a busy bridge may be better! Also, if you want to use the pool, you have to wait for all of the friends and family of the staff to clear out!!!!
DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PROPERTY

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Myself and a friend from the UK stayed here for one night and were a little concerned about other review's however thought we would make up our own mind.

The rooms were clean / good value for money and Paul - the manager was outstanding and couldn't do enough to help.

I travel regularly in the US and this hotel is absolutely fine.

Definitely recommend for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After traveling from Myrtle Beach, SC we arrived at a tired looking building. Check in was fast and easy. We we got to our room it was a fair size but it was apparent that the carpets were very dirty, the furniture was old and dirty and we tried not to think of what the comforter on the bed may have. Bathroom was clean. We went down to the pool and really noticed that the hotel is being let go, perhaps it is the managers. There must have been a sale on the paint as the whole courtyard including railings on the above floors were all the same color. Maintenance in the pool area and courtyard was nearly none existent. I f you have an alternate destination I would suggest you take it. For a one night stay for the airport in the morning , I think it would suffice?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Plantation, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was hesitant to book this hotel based on some of the reviews, but everything else was sold out or really expensive for just one night. I booked it through the Choice toll-free number and when I voiced my concerns the represenative said "Choice Hotels does not have any bad hotels in it's chain" so I gave him green light! Well it was a really bad experience and one that I regret. Even for the amount of money paid it was not a good value, I have stayed at real dives in the past, but this one is takes the cake! The posting about the roaches is true. That's the first thing I saw, giant roaches dead on the way into the front desk, and also some by the room doors and on the "path" to my room. The room smelled of stale liquor and smole, it had really old bedding, torn carpet, dirt, dust all over! Housekepping is abviously not a concern here. The area is close to the airport, and across from a nice mall with Macy's and such, however, the crowd that was in the lobby and hagging out by pool looked more like drug dealers, junkies and prostitutes! The breakfast was a joke.....the place was filthy - no fruit, milk was gone, no napkins, no forks, cereal spilled all over, no syrup for the waffles (one waffle maker for 6 people waiting in line) we bolted and will never go back!

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!