“ok for one night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2125 Veterans Blvd., Kenner, LA 70062 (Formerly Park Plaza Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Kenner
Pineville, Louisiana, United States
“ok for one night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After checking with several hotels on the price, we decide to spent the night here. I have stay at this hotel years ago and at that time we stay on the ground floor. This time, we have to take a room on the 2nd Floor. We heard a lots of noise outside until late in the evening. Also, we have to kill a cockroach before we went to bed. I suppose for the price, it may be good for one night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Coming to this hotel I was expecting it to be complete crap from reading all the reviews. It was OK to lay our heads there for a couple of days and the price was OK considering everything was way expensive around the time we were traveling. The pool was in the center of the hotel you could just walk out your door and see the kids playing in the pool which I liked. There is no jacuzzi it has a bunch of rocks filled in it. The staff was nice but I was upset that I couldn't get my AAA discount since no one knew how to put it in except the manager and he was never there. They have 3 levels, we stayed on the 2nd and the floors are not leveled at all!!! My aunt cant walk without a cane and every time she walked her cane was either slightly up and she was down or vice versa. Theres a drop down going into the elevator so if you have a ton of stuff and put it on the luggage handler, you have to push it down into the elevator and push up going out.The Continental Breakfast was OK but the waffles were horrible!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here 1 night.Paid $61.00 total used coupon in travel book..The room I stayed in had king size bed good clean pillows and sheets,mattress was pillow top had a good nights rest..Located right off the I-10 freeway going into town exit 223 turn right hotel on corner next light on left..The room was clean with refrigerator,flat screen tv..The room had pleanty of lights and computer desk..The Wi-Fi was ok but kept dropping the signal..The airport is across the street expect to hear jets taking off until 9pm or 10pm.Outside paking is good with room for a few semi trucks when it's not busy..Parking ok for pickup with 30 foot trailers.The breakfast is the usual stuff but I've seen worse.Front desk said,coffee is 24hrs..Everything in the room worked.

Room Tip: Call in advance because the hotels in this area are usually booked up..If the hotel is pretty ful do...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DENHAM SPRINGS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Throughout our stay, the staff was professional and pleasant.

Our room was clean and the interior was well maintained.

The food for the complimentary breakfast was basic but decent.

The hotel is conveniently located near the highway and major local roads.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Foxworth, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The front of the hotel is okay when you walk in but the room that we stayed in was musty and dark. It needs some updating. We were in need a room so we stayed here. It did the job but the area was a little rough looking. There is a Mcdonalds next door for some quick food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenner, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I needed a place to sleep because my A/C quit, so I came here because it was a reasonable rate. Didn't care whether there was free breakfast or not because I go to work early, so I cannot comment on the breakfast. All I can say that the service was EXTREMELY RUDE. The man at the desk may not have said it, but his attitude showed that he could have cared less about whether I(or any customer) was happy or comfortable. I do not mean to sound prejudice, but certain nationalities need to realize that women are equal to men here in America. I felt like the man did not want to attend to my needs because I am a young woman. It's not like I went in there ranting and raving like trash off the street. I am very educated and spoke in a calm and polite tone. Apparantly in his mind I should have just kept quiet and stayed in my room. He acted like he did me a favor by even waiting on me at the desk. I was once an assistant manager for a hotel years ago and I would have fired him. I cannot understand how people like this can keep their jobs. When I got to my room, I could see that the deadbolt was broken. Big problem for me because I didn't feel safe, so I went and requested another room. The man acted like it was my fault and he said "well I'm coming to see." I showed him and he gave me another room, but his mannerisms showed he was very annoyed. The second room's lock was fine, but there were feces smeared on the toilet seat and I could see that the room was old and run down. In fact, the whole place could use alot of repair! I just cleaned the toilet myself and ruined my appetite. I had planned on going to a nice dinner with a friend, but after that, I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't bother to report the feces to the front desk because I didn't want to deal with that man again. Only good thing I can say is that my friend and I enjoyed watching TV and had a nice night of sleep in A/C which is what we came for, but mot the other hassles and even though it's not expensive, it should at least be clean. I have already reported this to CHOICE hotels as I am a Choice privileges member. This is definitely not up to CHOICE standards and should be noted.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Room was clean and smelled nice. The room was a good size for a king bed. The room needed some minor repairs and the hotel is showing age. All the rooms centered around a pool that looked clean. There was a frig. Great location for food and mall.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!