“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Kenner
Columbus, Ohio, Usa
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited this hotel on business on the 14th of July. I stayed here several times before, I keep coming back. They have an indoor/outdoor pool which is not fancy but it did get me wet since it was very hotel on my visit. This hotel has free airport shuttle which is fast and prompt. When you checked in, they offer you candy from a bowl they have on the counter. In the afternoon, they have cookies in the lobby. They have a managers reception with food and beer and wine in the evening. All rooms are suites with a little living area and a refrigerator and a microwave. The rooms are clean but they do need to be updated. The best part is the breakfast. M-F they have an omelet stations where they make omelets free of charge (just offer a tip). On the weekend they do not offer the omelets but they have other hot food as well as other things. The only drawback is that it is a bit far from the French Quarter. Its about a $32.00 Cab ride for two. If you do not want to go downtown, there is a casino close buy that the hotel will take you too. There are several restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Get an end room.. lot of airline crews stay there and they can be quite loud at times. I think they...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We are so very happy to know you are our loyal guest! We also are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We do appreciate your critique of our guest rooms and are excited and proud to let you know the renovations of our guest rooms and other areas will begin very soon.

Thank you again and we await your return.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is good for travelers who want to be near New Orleans, but not deal with all the hustle and bustle of the city. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating, they even offered suggestions on places to eat. The room was clean, but it was in need of repair work. The wall around the shower was cracked around the faucet and the trim was missing around the bottom of the walls. The worst part of the stay was when one of the housekeepers mistakingly entered our room unannounced. The highlights would be the free hot breakfast in the morning and the in room fridge and microwave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

I have shared your concerns with our staff supervisors and can assure you we will address them accordingly.

Again, thank you and we hope you will give us the opportunity of hosting you again on your next visit to our area.

Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Agree with June reviewer. Drive a little further, just do not stay here. One staff member needed courtesy lessons but others were nice. What was discouraging to us is that we stay at Comfort Suites all the time, be warned this is not like other Comfort Suites. Not all the rooms are suites. The room may say it has a sofa, doesn't mean there is a bed in it. Our carpet was fraying at the tile seam, very tacky looking. The carpet was filthy, stains all over and in hallway too. It would be nice if they vacuumed/cleaned the carpets once in a while. I spoke to housekeeping manager, he was very embarrassed about the carpeting but really this falls on the manager. Our room was very dated and lamp had a burn on it, just tacky and dirty looking for what we paid and expected. I checked out a day early because this hotel disgusted me. When completing the chains survey I was given an apology from manager, should have been given a refund. Of course when I emailed the manager back that expectation I was not given the courtesy of a reply.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We appreciate your patronage and critique of the Comfort Suites Airport.
The issues you mentioned have been acknowledged and your comments shared with the department managers to which they apply.
My apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to our area.

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is wonderful we stayed here three nights and loved it the only problem was that one morning we woke up to here water pouring in our room out of the ceiling! I called the manager andhe came up and moved us down the hallway politely and was very nice and helped us move our things. The rooms were good a little dirty but not bad and the Pool was Magnificent indoor outdoor pool well exceeded our expectations hot tub was wonderful as well! Breakfast had a ton of stuff we simply loved it Will defently be BACK SOON!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor there bigger and don't get room 510!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit with us.
Thank you for understanding and continuing to enjoy your stay. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed our amenities as well.
We hope you will select the Comfort Suites Airport again during your next visit to the New Orleans area.

jeanerette
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was saddened because I have stayed here before but on this stay things were definitely different. The lobby was ok and it is definitely misleading concerning the rest of the hotel. The carpets in the hallway as well as the rooms were very dirty and stained. That was a huge turnoff esp traveling with children who tend to sit on the floor.The couch was super dirty and outdated. This hotel needs to desperately remodel and modernize. You can't communicate with the housekeeping staff cause no one speaks ENGLISH!! Very frustrating. The elevator even went out which meant me and my handicap mother had to hike up 5 flights of stairs. Terrible! The water wouldn't get hot in the bathroom which they corrected but it was still inconvenient. All in all a terrible stay and I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Reviews do help so always refer to them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate our guests feedback and do address all concerns our guests my have regarding their stay.

Your comments will be shared with our staff and again, thank you.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 times in the past. These hotel seemed to have had some work done in it over the last few months. Only complaint is the house keeper cleaning the lobby around 9am while I was checking out, I had to move out of her way, also she had a Comfort in shirt on that was not buttoned down and here chubby belly was exposed also showing her navel. Other thing is that I made my reservation through Hotels.com and the hotel could not print me a receipt, but while trying she noticed that I was charged the $1 for using the safe which I did not do, she said she credited it back. She took my email address to send me a receipt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate your continued patronage as well.

Regarding the concerns mentioned, we have addressed the issues and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok so my company screwed up my reservation and two hours later after I landed and I ended up here. So it is somewhat true what other people say on their reviews about this hotel. Is is priced for budget, it is a little dated and the location is not ideal, but the staff of the hotel, the complimentary breakfast, the shuttle service and the pool make a lot of difference.

Specially Cinthia was very patient and friendly when she heard half of my conversation with my company trying to straighten things out.

The furniture in the room, needs to definitely change but the size was specious and they had a microwave and fridge. A few restaurant nearby but is near a highway and it is not like walking by bourbon street. This hotel is very close to the airport

Overall, I had a good night and great staff. Not your downtown posh hotel so keep that in mind.

• Stayed June 2013
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to send a review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate your comments and are pleased we were able to accommodate you.

Our staff takes pride in extending good customer service and to have acknowledgment from you, our guest is well appreciated.

We hope you will select us again should your company travels bring you to the New Orleans area.

Management

Been to Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!