“Wonderful hotel good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Kenner
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful hotel good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is wonderful we stayed here three nights and loved it the only problem was that one morning we woke up to here water pouring in our room out of the ceiling! I called the manager andhe came up and moved us down the hallway politely and was very nice and helped us move our things. The rooms were good a little dirty but not bad and the Pool was Magnificent indoor outdoor pool well exceeded our expectations hot tub was wonderful as well! Breakfast had a ton of stuff we simply loved it Will defently be BACK SOON!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor there bigger and don't get room 510!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit with us.
Thank you for understanding and continuing to enjoy your stay. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed our amenities as well.
We hope you will select the Comfort Suites Airport again during your next visit to the New Orleans area.

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
jeanerette
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was saddened because I have stayed here before but on this stay things were definitely different. The lobby was ok and it is definitely misleading concerning the rest of the hotel. The carpets in the hallway as well as the rooms were very dirty and stained. That was a huge turnoff esp traveling with children who tend to sit on the floor.The couch was super dirty and outdated. This hotel needs to desperately remodel and modernize. You can't communicate with the housekeeping staff cause no one speaks ENGLISH!! Very frustrating. The elevator even went out which meant me and my handicap mother had to hike up 5 flights of stairs. Terrible! The water wouldn't get hot in the bathroom which they corrected but it was still inconvenient. All in all a terrible stay and I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Reviews do help so always refer to them.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for submitting a review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate our guests feedback and do address all concerns our guests my have regarding their stay.

Your comments will be shared with our staff and again, thank you.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 times in the past. These hotel seemed to have had some work done in it over the last few months. Only complaint is the house keeper cleaning the lobby around 9am while I was checking out, I had to move out of her way, also she had a Comfort in shirt on that was not buttoned down and here chubby belly was exposed also showing her navel. Other thing is that I made my reservation through Hotels.com and the hotel could not print me a receipt, but while trying she noticed that I was charged the $1 for using the safe which I did not do, she said she credited it back. She took my email address to send me a receipt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate your continued patronage as well.

Regarding the concerns mentioned, we have addressed the issues and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok so my company screwed up my reservation and two hours later after I landed and I ended up here. So it is somewhat true what other people say on their reviews about this hotel. Is is priced for budget, it is a little dated and the location is not ideal, but the staff of the hotel, the complimentary breakfast, the shuttle service and the pool make a lot of difference.

Specially Cinthia was very patient and friendly when she heard half of my conversation with my company trying to straighten things out.

The furniture in the room, needs to definitely change but the size was specious and they had a microwave and fridge. A few restaurant nearby but is near a highway and it is not like walking by bourbon street. This hotel is very close to the airport

Overall, I had a good night and great staff. Not your downtown posh hotel so keep that in mind.

• Stayed June 2013
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to send a review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate your comments and are pleased we were able to accommodate you.

Our staff takes pride in extending good customer service and to have acknowledgment from you, our guest is well appreciated.

We hope you will select us again should your company travels bring you to the New Orleans area.

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband, child, and I took my mother to New Orleans for a vacation in March. We searched for a hotel with a two-room suite (or at least two adjoining rooms) so that we could all be together while still having some privacy from each other. In addition, since it was March and we had a little one with us, we wanted a hotel with an indoor heated pool. Both of these 'items' are nearly impossible to find in New Orleans. We finally found this hotel in Kenner. We weren't sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised when we checked in. Our two-room suite was quite spacious. Each bedroom, as well as the common sitting room, had a television (3 total in the suite), so that everyone was accomodated in regards to favorite programming. The bathroom was also a nice size. The first night, the indoor pool was cold (it appears the heating was not working), but they got that fixed by the next day. The room also came with a full breakfast every morning that included 'make-your-own' waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, coffee, milk, donuts/biscuits, the works. But, the most surprising thing of all? Every night from 6pm-7pm, the hotel had a free happy hour! The happy hour had food (one night it was spagetthi, the next night was gumbo) and box wine/beer as well as non-alcoholic beverages like soda. It was awesome. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful as well. Since we had a little one, we asked for juice at the happy hour, and they made sure to have some available for our child every night of our stay! We were so pleased with our stay that we personally spoke with the morning manager when we checked out to express how wonderful the experience was. We also recommended it to some friends who also need a two-room suite (again - something that is very challenging to find at a reasonable price when booking trips). The location is also perfect - we were very close to downtown New Orleans where the attractions were that we were visiting (roughly a 20 minute drive).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We are so very pleased to know you and your family had a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us.

Our staff strive in providing the best in customer service and to maintain our hotel for our guests such as yourselves.

We do hope you will re-visit us in the future when in the New Orleans area.

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed there for business trip for 6 nights, My first room had bad smell, and the couch was very dirty,I was not sure if its me or the room, so when one of my coworkers came, he said the same. The stuff is very helpful and polite, after I asked they changed my room... The breakfast is decent, they have lemonade during the day, which is nice. The pool and the Jacuzzi are ok.All and all nice place, but nothing special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport. We appreciate your comments and will do our best to improve in the areas you have addressed.We also appreciate your acknowledging our wonderful staff and hotel amenities.

We hope you will select us again when you are in our area again.

Jefferson City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Pulling up to this hotel I was slightly frightened. It is older. Outside shows its age. Lobby is also a little outdated. But hotel staff was really helpful. And room was shockingly nice. Very comfortable, and being by an airport I was scared of noise but it was quite. Phenomenal location, maybe 10 minutes from heart of New Orleans and beings it is outside of town it was easy to get in an out. So get past the less than modern appearance and just enjoy it for what it is...a comfy decently priced room...because if your in New Orleans, lets face it...your not there for the room, your there to be out and about with a nice place to rest in between.

• Stayed March 2013
ComfortSuitesKenner, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to send a review of the Comfort Suites Airport Hotel.

Your comments are appreciated and we are very pleased your stay was an enjoyable one.
We hope during your next visit to the New Orleans area you will select us again as your host giving us the pleasure of accommodating you again.

Management

Been to Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!