“Don't waste your time!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 174 restaurants in Kenner
Cuisines: Seafood
“Don't waste your time!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been here twice and both times the service was horrible. The last time the restaurant was not busy and we waited a king time for food and refills. They burned my daughters grilled cheese and then remade it after we said she wasn't gonna eat it burnt. It then came out burnt only on one side and one side was cooked right. All in all the food is pretty good but the service was not good and it looked like a table of kids ate at our table prior to us. Crumbs and food all over the floor that wasn't cleaned up before we were seated. Needless to say not the best dining experience. I don't like leaving negative reviews but this is my honest opinion on this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“A good seafood restaurant near New Orleans Intl. Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our broiled redfish was nicely seasoned and not too salty. Also tasty were the seafood gumbo, creamy coleslaw, and seasoned mashed potatoes. The mixed vegetables did not taste fresh (probably frozen) and some of the slices of French baguette bread seemed stale. We arrived about 7 p.m. on a Tuesday and were surprised how full they were. It turned out to be an All You Can Eat night, featuring crab and crayfish. So, we had to wait a half hour or more to get our food. The restaurant’s popularity was probably enhanced by being close to several motels. Service was good. It’s certainly not one of the best seafood restaurants we’ve ever eaten at. But it is worthwhile, and we would probably eat there again the next time we fly into New Orleans

Visited April 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Seafood and Great Red Beans and Rice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our last night in New Orleans and were staying close to the airport. Took a walk around the neighborhood and stopped at the local donut shop to ask for a recommendation for dinner. They steered us toward Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro. Could not have picked a more perfect place. The small bar was friendly, cute and the bartenders were happy to have us. The patrons at the bar were friendly and didn't seem to care that we were "tourists". Dinner was good, and most of us took leftovers back to the hotel. The red beans and rice with sausage was wonderful and came with a nice portion of coleslaw and french bread. More than enough to eat. The gumbo was delicious, or my son said so, but he finished it before we had a chance to taste test. The Po'boys were excellent. Our waitress was friendly and the service was fast without feeling like you were being rushed out. The decor is fun and bright. All in all a good place to eat and I will definitely be back when I return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good and will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I am staying in a nearby hotel around the airport and decided to eat seafood . Found this place and glad I did . Everything was great . We had the fried alligator and crabmeat au gratin for appetizers. Both were great the crabmeat au gratin had big chucks meat in it and was served in a big bowl for a appetizer . We were almost full after the appetizers. Then came the seafood platter and stuffed catfish . They were Huge servings . The stuffed catfish came with 3 slabs of fish and the seafood platter was overflowing . We came back to the room with enough food for at least 2 more people to eat . Highly recommend !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Mississippi
“Enjoyed the shrimp po-boy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The shrimp were huge with a crispy coating on a nice, fresh bread. My husband and I both ordered a half po-boy. I completed my meal with a nice cup of the corn and crab chowder. Hubby had the gumbo which he liked very much.

Visited January 2013