Save Saved
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Kenner
ALABASTER
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Looks like it's been recently renovated. The furniture, carpet, beds, etc look new. It's clean, quiet, tucked away off main drag so the traffic noise is minimal. Has a lot of trees that gives it a residential feel. The people are really nice. The guests seem to be early to bed and early to rise so no night noise.

The area is decent, plenty of restaurants, a nice diner with daily blue plate specials in front-prices are cheaper than cooking and food is good, Super Wall Mart about a mile away for long stay stuff.

The free internet is adequate but if you need really fast internet pay the $15 a week extra for the 3G internet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Kenner, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Tom S, Please allow us to thank you for your loyal business with Extended Stay America during your travels throughout the Southeast and for such positive comments about our staff and Hotel during your recent stay at our Extended Stay America New Orleans Kenner location. We too appreciate the quiet surroundings, trees and residential feel at our New Orleans Kenner property along with the close proximity of local area restaurants and services. We understand you have many choices and feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to serve your ongoing lodging needs. Again, thank you for uplifting feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kenner, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

When I called to make several reservations on different dates for multiple parties I was fortunate enough to be assisted by Tonya. This young lady is outstanding and definitely is a management quality person. She was very efficient as there were other guests at the service counter and was able to handle their requests at the same time she was on the computer making reservations for me. I have been here for a month tomorrow, checked in March 14th., and have a confirmation for my return trip on May 6th. for a stay of 2 months. The guest representatives and housekeeping staff are very accommodating and meticulos. The rooms have a kitchenette complete with dishes and a full size refrigerator. There several good restaurants within walking distance, drop-off laundry service, dry cleaners and Post Office around the corner. If you are to be in the New Orleans area at any time in the future, do yourself a favor and stay here. Say Hello to Tonya for me.

David "Woody" Allen
Superintendent
Valero Construction Coordinator
Richard Industrial Group - Richard Construction Inc.
Beaumont, TX.

Room Tip: There are not any bad rooms as far as my co-workers and myself are concerned. We all stay on differe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Allen,
Please allow us to thank you for your business and for such positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Extended Stay America New Orleans Kenner location. We too appreciate the close proximity of local area restaurants and services. Please also note we will indeed share with great enthusiasm your very kind words about our staff and the Hotel and feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve your long term lodging needs. Your loyal business remains our top priority and we look forward to seeing again in May. Once again thank you for the very rewarding review of our Extended Stay America New Orleans Kenner property.
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here Mardi Gras weekend 2013 and the stay was nice. I always stay in Extended Stay properties since all the rooms are large and offer a kitchen. Brittany and Tonya at the front desk were great and made us feel like we were home. Stayed on the 2nd floor facing I-10, but never heard any highway noise. Anytime we needed to get fresh towels,pillows, etc it wasn't a problem. Very convenient to I-10, Walmart, Esplanade Mall and other businesses including a Sonic in the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Kenner, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your loyal business. Whenever we read positive comments like yours, particularly about great guest service, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay America New Orleans Kenner as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area and are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I travel weekly throughout the Country and my recent stay here was one of the best in my travels in quite some time. Staff was very courteous, nice and most accomodating. Room was clean, cozy and comfortable.
A++++ on this extended stay. See ya'll again in October!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Kenner, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The room was a home away from home and the front desk staff is outstanding especially the young Spanish lady Cristina. It's located in a good area and is pretty close to downtown New Orleans. It's also very convenient with the airport being just down the road from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Galveston Island, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel. Next to a bar that makes a great steak and for a fair price. Also next to sonic, and a diner that is opened 24/7. Also next to a walmart, Starbucks and I-10.

• Stayed February 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I can attest to your “great steak for a fair price” comment from personal experience and also enjoy the close proximity of the local area businesses.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay America New Orleans - Kenner last weekend. I had a very unplesant experience at the hotel. The checkout time was 11:00. At 10:50 the service ladies knocked at the door. When I opened the door they harassed me about checking out and repeated reminded that I must leave right away so they can start cleaning. This was very distressing. I never experienced something like this at any other hotel. I promptly left this hotel with rude staff at 11:05.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Kenner? Share your experiences!