“Flying out of New Orleans & have a car-then stay here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Williams Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70065 (Formerly Hotel Kenner )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25% off!
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Kenner
Pensacola, Florida
“Flying out of New Orleans & have a car-then stay here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We drove to this hotel the day before we were to catch a 10:49 flight out of the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Living 3 hours away we didn't want to take a chance driving over in the morning. It's called the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, but it's about 5 miles from the Airport. Not really a problem as they have shuttles to and from the airport. We were able to get a flight almost $450 cheaper than our local airport, so it was worth driving to the hotel and staying a night.

Check in was efficient and quick. As a Gold Hilton Honors member we received a breakfast coupon for 2 and pointed in the direction of our room. It was July 4th and the Essence Festival was going on that weekend and many of the rooms in New Orleans were filled. So it was the fact that this hotel had a room that we stayed here. It was the best decision we could have made as I will illustrate later.

The room was up to the normal Hilton hotel standards, clean, comfortable with free Wi-Fi. It was ice-cream week or something so we got a free sundae. I did visit the Fitness center to burn off the sundae and it was well maintained with a few treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, mats and physio balls everything you need to get in a decent workout. They have the usual pool, but we didn't take advantage of that. They were to have fireworks across the street at Lake Ponchartrain, but they did them on July 3rd as someone (messed up) and said it was going to rain on July 4th. It didn't rain.

There is a Casino boat nearby and you can walk there or take one of the free casino shuttles. My wife killed a few hours at that casino. Early in the evening we drove downtown about 14 miles, driving past the Superdome as we saw patrons heading to the Essence concert and arrived at Harrah's Casino. Even though you are in Kenner, LA you are not very far from the excitement of the nightlife.

We had plan to park at our local airport or in the New Orleans airport anyway so we expected to pay around $10 a night. I decided to ask how much it would be to park at this Hilton hotel. The desk clerk told me $5. I said oh great, $5 a night, she said no you get a complimentary week and since you are staying one extra day it would be $5! I said wow! Will I be staying here again? You can believe it.

I'm only giving 4 stars as I have one complaint. This was our first time flying out of New Orleans and we were not familiar with the MSY airport. We arranged for a shuttle to the airport and the 5 miles drive does seem a lot longer-about a 20 minute ride. We got off ok and on time. No problems there. The problem was coming back. We didn't know where to catch the hotel shuttles. We had just left Seattle at 6AM laid over in LAX for a few hours and were tired when we got to the New Orleans airport. We didn't appreciate having to call numerous times trying to get the shuttle to get back to the hotel to pick up our car.

If you read this far-my tip would be when you take the shuttle to the airport and you are parking at the hotel and need a ride back-ask the driver where do you catch the return shuttle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

When I think of Hilton Garden Inns I think of something a bit more upscale than the normal Hampton Inns or the like, so when I reserved a room for a 3 day stay while in town on business, I expected great things. I really just found it good. I reserved a King bedroom, but only got 2 queen beds. There was no explanation given by the receptionist. The room itself was fine besides the thin walls, as I was easily able to hear the TV in my neighbors room one evening, and on the next evening I heard all sorts of thudding and bumping from other rooms as well. I get that this hotel recently underwent renovations, and indeed, it looks nice, but it just didn't exceed my expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed in July 2014. Great place, very nice staff - prompt and professional. Clean room and good breakfast and coffee. Internet access was OK, so if you are going for business and do a lot of email bring some patience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice Hilton Garden Inn on Lake Ponchartrain. Went to a Steely Dan concert in New Orleans. Stayed in Kenner instead of going downtown, for the price, and convenience of free parking. Enjoyed the stay! This was my second visit to the same hotel. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife picked this location it was close to a friends wedding we attended this weekend and the hotel recently underwent renovations and it looks very nice. Clean, Professional appearance and family atmosphere about it located on the beautiful lake Ponchatrain.rooms and lobby were clean neat. Looking forward to staying there anytime.

Earl and Candice Wright
Pensacola Fl

• Stayed July 2014
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Its located further from the airport than it seems. When I called the front desk after arriving in MSY it took 20 minutes for the free shuttle to arrive and 20 minutes to get to the hotel. The service and value made up for the location in my opinion. Overall a fine stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Rockledge, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I arrived one hour before normal check in time, I am a Diamond Hilton member and asked to check in only to be told no rooms are ready. I queried this as it was 2 pm only one hour early and was very rudely answered by the front desk manager. I told her she should get a new attitude or new job to which she took objection and called the POLICE!! There where two of us and when we where interviewed outside the hotel the policeman thought that we had no reservation and was annoyed at being called to a none event. On top of this I booked a 6 am early call to catch my next morning flight and this was ignored, fortunately I woke myself but it could be disasterous for me after 26 days traveling. Beware when using this location.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel at the airport or do not arrive earlier than 3 pm unless you want to meet the...