“NO SERVICE, NO FOOD” 1 of 5 stars

Description: Shoney's 415 Interstate Dr, Jennings, LA 70546(337) 824-6159 ‎
Gold Hill, North Carolina
“NO SERVICE, NO FOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We attempted to eat here on a Friday evening about 7 pm, the restaurant was semi busy but did not seem to be overfull. We were seated, received menus and glasses of water and nothing else. Several waitresses walked by and smiled, even the young lady bussing tables nodded and smiled; but after 10 minutes of no service we left. As we stood to leave a young lady came out of the kitchen area smiling, I told her not to bother as we had already waited 10 minutes and were not interested in eating at Shoney's any longer, she just shrugged. I spoke to the manager (?) on the way out and he also shrugged, apparently losing $20 worth of business is not a big deal for them.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Houston, TX
“$5 breakfast, more than one should eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

the breakfast consists of pancakes, eggs, toast or biscuits, I take the biscuits, coffee, sausage or bacon, plus I love the grits and not hash browns. Best deal in town.

Visited October 2012
Roanoke, Louisiana, USA
“Good ice cream with butterfingers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

dont' know what they call it but it is a large serving of a container of icecream with toping and crumbled butter fingers, O how delicious, a meal in its self, and don't sit in your car, sit outside so you can enjoy the air port flights and watch the waiter roller skate to serve. Enjoyable and delicious, a weekly outing it has become.

Visited October 2012
Welsh, Louisiana, United States
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Enjoy the food buffet on weekends for breakfast----Tasty food and lots of it----Nice and friendly place to sit and relax

Visited July 2012
Smithville, Texas
“Copy of my letter to 2 corporate addresses. No response in 11 business days.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

415 W. Interstate Drive
Jennings, La. 70546
Order # 210293, 04/26/2012, $ 25.46, TBL # 34, Whitney C., Arrived 5:55PM,
Departed 6:32PM

What I am about to share with you is not a compliant as much as it is a suggestion for you to review your training of wait staff.

Upon entering we were seated by the Assistant Manager. Shortly thereafter the waitress arrived. We asked the price of the buffet and she took our drink order. We proceeded through the buffet line returning to our table to find no drinks, silverware or napkins. I tracked the waitress to the wait station where she and two other wait staff were in conversation. Asking for the drinks, silverware and napkins she apologized for forgetting them and did it again when bringing the requested items to the table. During dinner dirty plates were not removed nor were drinks refreshed.

The bill was brought to us near the end of the meal. The waitress said she would be back for it. When she did not come back I took it to the cashier who turned out to be the Assistant Manager who sat us 30 minutes prior. He asked how dinner was and I told him the food was okay but service was weak. He apologized stating that she was new.

My suggestion is to follow-up on the training of new wait staff. Quite honestly though I doubt that most of the diners in that area are as picky as me having spent 30 years running major hotels in the U.S. which would make be remiss if I did not share my observations.

Regards,