“Ok Food, Horrible Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Jefferson
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
New Orleans, LA
“Ok Food, Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Copeland's Westbank on Lapalco in Harvey - I cannot stress eneough how horrible the service is at this restaurant. It has gone downhill so much over the years. I already knew that I was unhappy with this place when my mom suggested it for lunch one day, but I decided that I would give it yet another chance.
First of all, they were NOT busy. The section we were seated in had two other parties eating lunch. After we were seated we sat and watied for a server to come and take our order, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited...you get the point. We did see the waitress, however, she was constantly running back and forth taking care of the two other tables, getting them drink refills, ketchup, extra dressing, you name it. She did sa that she would be with us shortly but that never happened. Finally, the hostess who seated us came and took our drink order and brought us our ided tea. No mind you we are now waiting a good 25-30 mins. We are getting more and more aggravated as we sit and wait. I walked back to the host stand to ask if we could be moved or if someone else could take care of us, but I was told to just wait, that our server was overwhelmed and feeling sick. Finally I had eneough after about 10 more mins. I asked to pay for the tea because we were ready to go, the hostess asked, are you sure you don't want to wait? I was quite sure that had eneough waiting by now. she then had to go check to see how much our bill was for the tea! She came back and said that it was no charge. I hope to never go back to the restaurant again. While the food id not bad, the service totally ruins the experience.
I do like the Clearview & Esplanade locations, both great foor and service, but avoid the westbank!

• Visited August 2011

“Great New Orleans food for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Loved it. The food is great and is very reasonably priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“I Love Copeland's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

I am from New Orleans, and every time I go back home, Copeland's is on my list of must visit places (sometimes more than once) while I am there.

My absolute favorite thing they make is the Spinach and Artichoke dip with the flash fried bow tie pasta. Put some lemo on the pasta for extra zing! Another of my favorites is the shrimp and Tasso Pasta. If you want seafood and order a seafood platter... be aware... it's massive! Good amount of food for 2 people to share.

The service at times, is much to be desired. The ambiance of this location is very loud.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Conroe, TX
“Average food; High prices; Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

Copeland's of New Orleans in Harvey, LA was hard to find. Dark dining room, blackend red fish fillet was small, overpriced at $21 and the service was poor. Poor parking. Very disappointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“$$$ Good Food Lunch or Dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

$$$ Good Food Lunch or Dinner.