“Love, Love, Love this Place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Dining on a budget
Good for: Dining on a budget
Austin, Texas
“Love, Love, Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Every time we go to New Orleans, we go to Crabby Jack's on Jefferson Highway. It's worth the trip! The food is amazing, best value for your dollar and always 100% perfect.

I order the shrimp Po' boy "fully dressed" (gotta have it all!) and when I open the butcher paper it is wrapped in it seems that perfectly fried shrimp fall out everywhere. The amount of food and the perfection of the flavor is too, too wonderful. Words are failing me here. Go to Crabby Jack's and see what I mean. Go with a huge appetite; you'll need it to finish a meal or plan to have leftovers because the portions are HUGE.

We were there on September 6, 2012, hadn't been in a couple of years, and since our last visit Jack has redone the inside of the building, upgrading the ceiling, repainting and freshening up the place. It's a quaint little place and usually has a line out the door. Don't turn around and leave. Hang in there. Service is fast and friendly and you do NOT want to miss this experience if you like seafood at all.

Enjoy!!!! Wish I was going there today for lunch. Yum!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kenner, Louisiana
“Awesome as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had not been in a while, went for lunch and it is still great! I love the bronzed gulf fish and the duck andouille gumbo. We also had the duck po boy which is great too.
Always recommend, be prepared for community seating but great food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
world wide
“Best Po-Boys EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This spot is off-the-beaten-path. Thankfully, one of my friends is from NO, so he shared this "secret" spot with me. Other than the communal table dining, I have ONLY good things to say about this place. The PoBoy is the BIGGEST I've ever seen in my life. I ordered a loaded shrimp po-boy, and it was HOT-spicy-crunchy-delish! Two people can eat from one Po-boy, for sure. And the sweet tea is AMAZING!!!!! Seriously, it's worth a trip just for the tea and crunchy ice bits. I also ordered fries, which were plentiful. Next time, i'll split my order with someone b/c it's really too much for one person to consume. But the taste is OH SO TASTY!

Visited July 2012
Belton, Texas
“Po Boy Delux”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Best Po Boy's we have ever had. Casual dining at it's best.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Put this in your mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Fleur de Brees. Best. Sandwich. Ever. Do what you have to do to get out there, but do not miss this place. Authentic. Fantastic taste. Just the best. I was blown away. Sorry I visited on my last day in town. I would have gone back every day.

• Visited March 2012