“Newly Remolded” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Houma
“Newly Remolded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is just about finished with renovations. Prior to the renovations I had quit staying at this location but when available now it is a much better place to stay than in the past. The place has a new facelift and staff is really great. Rooms are nice, but as mentioned dehumifiers in the room that are not quite. So if you cannot tolerate the fan noise then you will not have peace and quite unless you turn off the dehumidifier. Thumbs up to renovations they were needed and the staff is great! Overall for the price is right for what you get so average is my recommendation due to the dehumifiers.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I got a great rate for this property and decided to give it a try. It's a very nice motel. It's located on a strip of busy highway that contains numerous places to eat and shop. The staff here could not be friendlier. There were a few minor annoyances such as the pool being closed for maintenance and the need for the use of a dehumidifier in our ground floor room. This is swamp country and a ground floor room seems to attract the dampness worst. That and a few cockroaches in the bathroom during the night. Don't get me wrong the hotel is super clean and everything about our stay was great otherwise. Get a room on an upper floor and I'm sure things will be fine.

Room Tip: Get something on a floor other than the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ft. Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Good location, nothing fancy, nothing wrong or bad, just an average hotel. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

First I would like to say that the service at this hotel was EXCELLENT all the way around! From the front desk clerks, to the breakfast attendants to the managers ALL were AWESOME! Even tho there was a little bit of renovation going on, that didi not stop my family and I from having an awesome time amd enjoying our stay! HOWEVER, there was this guy who was there at the hotel, maybe he was a head manager or big boss of some such but being in the breakfast room eating breakfast one morning I did not like or appreciate the way that he talked to and treated his employees! Maybe it's none of my business but the things he said were uncalled for. He talked to these young ladies like they had no understanding and didn't know their job or what they were doing, which in MY opinion he was dead WRONG! Like I stated before maybe this is none of my business but it was hard for me not to listen in on the conversation he had with the young ladies in the presence of us guests....he really need to get it together because in my opinion, if it wasn't for the GREAT STAFF THERE, the hotel wouldn't be the same!! Besides that, I LOVED IT! THANKS!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter which room you choose, ALL of them are GREAT! :-)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I enjoyed the outstanding customer service given to me during my stay over the Thanksgiving 2011 Holiday. As I arrived for my stay, I was treated with courteous and friendly service with a smile. I was given a renovated suite on the third floor. The room was very appealing and spacious and the decor was very commendable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family if accomodations are required. Thank you for making my stay a pleasant one. See you Soon!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My family stayed here over Mardi Gras and we were quite surprised with the Southern Hosptality everyone was soo friendly and the amenities were great. I would definitely reccomend this hotel to others. Service was great beds were comfy great location and indoor pool a plus for kids.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011 via mobile

The staff is excellent. They are very kind, hospitable. Even thought they are under renovation my stay here was still excellent. Every time I'm in houma Louisiana I stay here and I love it. The rooms are very clean,and beds are very comfortable. I can't wait to see the newly renovated finished hotel. Steven snell

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houma? Share your experiences!