“Disaster Relief” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Houma
ARCATA
“Disaster Relief”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great place to stay while I worked hurricane recovery in Houma and Thibodaux area.
The only issue I had was noise from adjacent room that staff was great in dealing with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cuijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for two nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. Very cozy, comfortable rooms and beds. Perfect location. Lots of good restaurants near by. Nice breakfast. Great value as it was not expensive. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I recently went thru a major surgery in near by gray la. While being in the area alone I called the front desk if the Microtel and was greeted most graciously, they handled all my arrangements over the phone and after surgery I had a taxi drop me off they saw to it my room was ready ahead of schedule and made sure I was looked after! Everyone I met from the cleaning ladies to the front desk all acted concerned for my well being! I would recommend this place highly if ur ever in this area of la.!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here three times this year, staff is friendly,rooms are clean,location is great, feels like home! Will definitely be back! Is a great place to bring ur family, stayed here with my family during mardi gras and the kids loved it!

• Stayed July 2012
McMinnville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have never written a review of any motel I have ever stayed at; however, I felt compelled to write one about the Microtel and the staff there. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful,friendly, and accomodating!! We were visiting Lousiana for the first time, and they provided wonderful suggestions for activies, restaurants, history of the area, etc. They never failed to greet us when we arrived from our day's activities -- we felt more like a visiting relatives rathar than merely hotel guests!! Our room was immaculate and the breakfast offered a wide variety of options and tasted fantastic!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jeanerette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

very convenient location, if your need is to swim make sure ya check for availability of pool, otherwise nice stay,,,,Nicole the day person at the front desk is so welcoming and friendly...Lobby very nice and up to date,,,good sunday morning breakfast.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Metro Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Showed up at the Microtel to find it booked full and my reservation to be for a smoking room. Leaving aside my amazement that any establishment, especially a hotel, still allows smoking, I was very angry until I checked my confirmation e-mail and found it also said smoking. Still can't understand how I did that.

The staff was very helpful, offering to cancel the reservation at no charge, but a quick check found most rooms in Houma booked because of a power outage in a nearby town (it was extremely hot, near 100 F, no time to be without A/C in south Louisiana). So I decided to endure the stink and stick with the smoking room.

Aside from that mess, the hotel was clean and pleasant, the free breakfast excellent, and overall I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this Microtel with the caveat to double-check your smoking preference when booking on their website.

Room Tip: Be sure to double-check that you're in a non-smoking room if that's your preference.