“Friendly and Safe” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Houma
Bradenton, Florida
“Friendly and Safe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We are a small business working out of state. We were only suppose to stay for the weekend. We have been here for 4 weeks and going to have to stay 4 more weeks. Everyone has been very accomidating and helpful. We cannot say enough good/posative things about this facility or the people working here ! I am a woman and have been here mostly alone, I feel very safe. Everyone has reached out to me, I have met some very good people and made friends with the staff. Any issues I have had (very minor) they were addressed and taken care of immediately. Feels safe and homey. You can't put a price on that !

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
La Porte, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was working near Houma and had difficulty finding a hotel until i met JoAnn here at the Microtel. She was absolutely phenominal and even baked cookies for us when we were in the lobby working late. Cherie was very helpful with locations of nearby things and Wendy went out of her way to help us as well. We worked long hours while there and Cord would always chat with us and ask if there was anything on tv we wanted to watch while in the lobby. The rooms were very clean, the laundry facility was great, breakfast was very nice and had a big selection as well. The overall rating was excellent and all of the front desk employees were great. JoAnn would call us by name and it gave you a sense of being like family. This place was really nice but the staff makes is outstanding!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Houston texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had made the reseverations on the wrong dates through a website for this place. I came in thinking I had a room. The staff made sure that I had the room for the correct time while I was here. I had stayed at other hotels or motels prior to Microtel in Houma, La and they are worse than here. The staff here ROCKS!! And the place was friendly and clean. I felt like I was at home during my 3 days here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Having stayed here on an off for over a year, I find it nice to see friendly, familiar faces at the front desk and around the Microtel. If I ever have a concern or issue, they attend to it right away. This hotel offers clean rooms with everything in good shape, a nice daybed by the large window, a nice computer and printer, a large and clean laundry room, and a decent breakfast...all at a great price! Thanks to all the staff for making me feel comfortable when I'm away from home!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor in the back are quietest!
Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

All employees were very cordial, especially Cherie. Rooms are clean, when I made reservations there were no non smoking rooms available. She gave me humidifier (?) to circulate air in room and gave me lysol spray and an odorban. All employees cordial and very helpful. This property has more breakfast offerings than some Microtel Inns I have been in! Very pleased with everything, including work out room.

Room Tip: I was on third floor and seemed to have less a/c unit noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

As my husband is on the road a lot for business we look for Good Service, Value, Cleanliness and Good Beds and find Microtel Inn and Suites seems to have everything we look for in a place to call home away from home.
The knowledge of the area from the front desk was the best we have had from any Microtel we've stayed in, from asking for info on places to eat that have their local flavor, to where and what they have of the familiar chain restaurants, and to where and what to visit along with a little history of the area. It was great, welcoming and very friendly service. Even the owner came around while in the lobby. He welcomed us and ask if everything was okay, thanked us for staying there and told us if there was anything we needed while staying there just ask.

Room Tip: We find rooms on the higher levels have less noise................
Missoula, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 via mobile

For Houma it is in a good location. There is an outdoor pool but it is small and no jacuzzi. Exercise facilities are cramped and average at best. Rooms were of a good size and clean for

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma? Share your experiences!