“Excellent mini honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crochet House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houma
Crochet House Bed & Breakfast
301 Midland Drive, Houma, LA 70360   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Houma B&B and Inns
“Excellent mini honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Sally and Leland are actually my brother's neighbors and we had no idea it was a B&B until we were looking for a place to stay the weekend after we got married. They were very sweet and accommodating, especially since it was very last minute. My only complaint was that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed April 2013

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ackerman, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed 5 days/4 nights with Leland and Sally. They were wonderful and treated us like family! Each morning we had an awesome breakfast and by the third day, Mr Leland knew what we liked and made sure to have our favorite things on the table! He was also a great guide in helping us find things to do as was Ms. Sally.
Our room was very clean and nice and their yard is pretty and our daughter loved the pool! Each evening a pair of Whistling Tree Ducks would come to roost in a tree by the pool. We looked for them each evening and I even got a picture of one of them!
I feel that we made life long friends and will be going back to visit again! Visit the Crochet House Bed and Breakfast for a great experience! Leland and Sally will make your stay most wonderful! The Helms Family, Mississippi

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bertram, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our stay with Leland and Sally was by far the best we've had on the road! We were treated just as if we were part of their family. A wonderful breakfast which was so tasty, topped with personal attention that you just don't find much anymore these days, live Cajun music during breakfast-where else can you get that??? Leland was also very helpful with our planning of activities in the area. The rooms are quite cozy and stocked with anything you may need. If there's something extra you need they will get it to you. There is also a beautiful yard and pool right there. Next time I am in Houma I will definitely return to The Crochet House. The price can not be beat either, once we got there I thought I must have misunderstood on the phone.....but nope that was the rate- very low for what you get!!

Room Tip: All rooms are quaint and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Watson, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Mr Leland and Mrs Sally treated us like family. They were so friendly and welcomed us with open arms. I felt like I was kinfolk coming in for a visit. Mr Leland cooked us up a most delicious breakfast and we talked just like ole buddies. Our room was so spacious and had most all the accomodations of home. The price was so much cheaper than a hotel. We felt like we could stay much longer. The garden was so peaceful and inviting. Overall I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone and my husband and I will definitely be coming back for another few days of some R&R.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed for two nights and loved every minute of it. Simply wonderful hosts who went out of their way to make our stay impeccable - from great food, to live cajun music during breakfast, to insider tips to Houma and the surrounding areas - all in all, it couldn't have gotten much better. Thanks for the great memories Leland and Sally!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Natchitoches, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mrs. Sally and Mr. Leland are some of the most welcoming people I have ever stayed with. They make you feel like a part of the family when you are with them, and I always found myself staying longer at the breakfast table than I had planned just to keep talking with them. The little extras they leave in the rooms are also really special and homey.

The part will make you desperate to go back is the incredible breakfasts they provide. I still get cravings for their sweet potato pancakes--don't knock it until you taste them, they are heavenly--and they never insisted that breakfast was only served if you were up early (on several mornings they saved a plate for me when I slept in, and they never made me feel like I was inconveniencing them.) Everything morning, the food was amazing and varied, so you shouldn't have trouble finding something you'll love.

Definitely give this lovely little corner of Houma hospitality a shot. You won't regret it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Looks are deceiving , our room was a lovely cottage with plenty of space and a very comfy bed .. Everything u need is provided. Leland does an amazing breakfast only complaint is that i ate too much, great hosts make you feel at home. Recommend as a stop over near New Orleans

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crochet House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!