“Beautiful place and a great host!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bayou Noir

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houma
Grand Bayou Noir
1143 Bayou Black Drive, Houma, LA 70360   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Houma B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful place and a great host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Where else can you pull up to and even before you get to your room be offered freshly boiled crawfish and a cold beer? Timmy aka The Judge was a wonderful host - and the room that we had "The Gardenier" was one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever stayed in (and I started off my trip at the Ritz Carlton in NOLA) - so I have something to compare it to....and the breakfast, I felt like I was at a five star restaurant - absolutely delicious and beautifully presented

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

While road tripping through Louisiana for my son's 13th birthday we stumbled across this beautiful bed & breakfast. It was stunning!! They had just hosted a wedding and a reunion and the decorations were still hanging and it seemed almost as if walking through a dream. The Eco system in place made it a visual explosion of a down to earth and homely experience. The rooms were incredibly put together, cozy and comfortable and it really showed off Louisiana's perfection. Friendly and hospitable owners, they made our trip just that much better with stories of exotic travels and their journey to where they are. :) thanks guys!! We will never forget, and remember, if I EVER get married, that's where it's gonna happen!! :) xoxo

• Stayed May 2012
Forest Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were traveling with my parents. We all had a great experience at the Grand Bayou Noir. First thing Tim invited to hang out on the back patio to enjoy some adult beverages and some good conversation. Got to like that Coca Cola cooler! Breakfast was very good as well. We were lucky to have the last bit of fresh squeezed orange juice for the season. The rest of the breakfast was just as excellent. We highly recommend this B&B, the house, grounds and service were exceptional!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nanterre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We are two French couples who stayed at Grand Bayou Noir B&B one night in March. It was just a wonderfull stay. Spacious rooms with typical Louisiana furnitures, very nice host. On the morning we got an amazing breakfast with fresh fruits from the garden, crawfish omelette,....
Thanks for the warm welcome we received.
We strongly recommand Grand Bayou Noir B&B.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We so enjoyed this place and this host. Our family stayed three nights in March. Agree with every single good thing said by past reviewers. Tim was extremely helpful and Interesting, and I think he is a master of reading his guests, and so we always felt welcome and comfortable. The suite was beautiful, all cool ease and convenience. The balcony hot tub was wonderful -- relaxed while gazing out at an immense live oak! Location right in town, wonderful restaurants nearby. The fridge was handy, but we were welcomed to beverages from the showpiece of a cooler down below as well. The place is set up perfectly for weddings and is truly magical with an amazing garden and trees to die for (including untold varieties of banana -- delicious!). And Tim's breakfasts? Each day was a revelation to us northerners! Delicious. I long to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ellender, Owner at Grand Bayou Noir, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
thank you for the most eloquent review.Debbie and I strive to get reviews like this one-tim and debbie
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at Grand Bayou Noir last week after a business trip to New Orleans. We wanted to experience more of what Louisiana had to offer besides New Orleans. What a find this was and what a beautiful place to stay. Everything you read in the other reviews regarding Tim's breakfasts, the hospitality, the beauty of the rooms and house are right on the money. We booked the suite and couldn't have been happier. Spacious, quiet and clean. If you want a generic, bland chain hotel type of stay - this is not the place for you. If you want to create memories, laugh a lot and see the true beauty of southern Louisiana...stay here! Tim is respectful to your needs and if peace and quiet is your thing, then peace and quiet you shall have. We wanted a bit more interaction and boy did Tim and his friends make us feel welcome. As I sit here, back at work, I find myself missing the laughter and storytelling with Tim and his cast of characters. A trip Isabel and I will never forget. Thank you Tim, Bernard, Chris, et al. You are the BEST!

The attached picture is dawn breaking over the wetlands…about a 10 minute drive from Tim’s place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The best B&B we have stayed at yet in Louisiana. Within the first fifteen minutes of arrival we found ourselves sitting around outside having beverages and snacks with Tim and Deb, who are the owners, and other friends and guests, laughing out loud. We knew we were going to have a great time there.

Tim and Deb were great hosts, relaxed and honest characters and you immediately felt like you were at a friends house, just visiting.

We stayed in the Yellow room which was clean and comfortable. The grounds included various orange, lemon and grapefruite trees. When Tim found out that orange juice was my mixer of choice he immediately picked oranges and presented me with fresh orange juice for the rest of our stay. The temple oranges used made for THE BEST orange juice I have ever tasted! That was just one example of the many things they did extra to make us feel comfortable.

The next morning, we were able to have breakfast at the time we chose since we wanted to sleep in and it was delicious. The fresh fruit from Tim's garden was refreshing and so good.

Oh, and there are now individual refrigerators in the rooms, so no need to worry about your leftovers disapearing, as per one negative review...LOL. Honestly, I wish we had been there that weekend during their party, because I bet that was one heck of a fun party.

Regarding the other negative review, our linens were of the highest quality and very comfortable. Yes, the kitchen looks like someone has been cooking in it...because they have. And great food at that. Remember, the owners live in this authentic, old home filled with family history...this is their home and you immediately become a part of it when you arrive.

If you want to have a great time with great people, I highly reccomend you don't pass on the opportunity to stay with Tim and Deb. Thank you both for a wonderful evening!!! We enjoyed great stories and making new friends. We will see you guys again soon!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ellender, Owner at Grand Bayou Noir, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
we strive to please our guests. the first thing we do is to evaluate our guests and decide if they wish to socialize or not. some do some do not. we are very proud of our home that has been in the family for over 80 years thanks for a great review--tim and deddie

Been to Grand Bayou Noir? Share your experiences!