“Pretty Decent For The Price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Houma S Red Carpet Inn

Houma S Red Carpet Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houma
Houma S Red Carpet Inn
You added Houma S Red Carpet Inn to your Saves list
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2115 Bayou Black Dr, Houma, LA 70360   |
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Pretty Decent For The Price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Red Carpet Inn cost around $55 a night as compared to $90 and up at other area hotels. That $90 + does not include pet fees and taxes by the way. $55 a night included a free hot breakfast in the restaurant. It was a full breakfast.

The folks were friendly. I have always found people in Houma and pretty much most of south Louisiana to be more relaxed than some people are comfortable with... Not me... that is exactly the kind of people I come from and enjoy being around... No fancy airs... just real down home folks.

I was a wee bit irked because online it says that the Red Carpet Inn is pet friendly, which it is... but we were charged an extra $10 per night for our dog, which I would not think badly of, if I had not read there was no pet fee. I'm not overly irked about it like I said... but I'm just the kind of person.. well... a deal's a deal...

Our room was clean. The tub is a bit old but its clean and I'm fine with it... I actually liked the furniture in our room, it had curved fronts and I love curved lines on furniture...

I was quite disappointed because I told them I wanted a king size bed when we booked the room, but when we arrived and checked in they said they had to change our room to 2 doubles, because we had a dog and that room was all they had with tile floors... They knew we had a dog when we booked the room...

I absolutely would stay again and be happy to stay there... liked the people a lot... but only if I can have a king size bed... So Red Carpet... If you're reading this and you'd like us to come back... please get that taken care of and get the information regarding additional fees for pets to the people who have your hotel listed as not having a pet fee... $10 is not unreasonable considering other hotels are charging $25 - $35 for a pet...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Riedstadt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were not satisfied at all with this hotel. Outside was like a scrapyard with old machines, the car park had many big holes. The furniture in our room was worn out, the sheets on the bed had many big holes, the springs in the bed were broken and made loud noises. There was just one channel on the television. The Phone was not plugged in and the door at the bathroom could not be closed. The only positive thing was the breakfast in the Cafe next door. I cannot recommend this place at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowling Gren
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

So I booked this hotel through a website after seeing the pictures on TripAdvisor. The pics here make the place look like such a steal! After pulling in, I realized this place was not as it seems. There are so many people that live here and pay weekly. They are extremely trashy (and sketchy looking). I witnessed a TV (old style, not flat screen) being stolen from one of the rooms as I went to check it. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude (and had an annoying sucking thing she did through one of her missing teeth every few seconds).

I said I had a reservation and pulled out my confirmation number. The lady said that they do not offer any online booking, regardless of what website claims otherwise. She did up all the paperwork (all hand-written) and then showed me a price higher than the one on the website by quite a bit. I opted to not stay here after that. Also, if you have a nice vehicle, I don't suggest leaving it unattended here.

Room Tip: I've stayed at the Howard Johnson down the street a lot. They're worth the extra $20 a night...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
West Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My name is Randy Pumilia. I am an offshore electrician,work 7/7 and book a room every other week. Everything you would need is there. The motel is fairly old; but, kept up pretty well. The staff is very nice and will go out of there way to please you. There is free WIFI, cable TV, fridge,microwave,coffee maker w/ coffee and kingsize beds . Attractive bartenders ! I love the place !

Room Tip: I stay on the outside, it seems to be quieter, I sleep early and get up @ 4 AM, to fly offshore !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I really enjoyed the familylike relationship that everyone has there. Everyone looks out for each other and are extremely nice. I never didnt have what i needed. Their owner and staff were awesome!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

This place is disgusting. Our toilet leaks and they won't come fix it, the maintnance guys walked in twice with their key as did the housekeeper. It's dirty, old, and they apparently don't have any rooms with a bed big enough for a couple. If I would've known that when booking, I could've gone someplace else.
Also, the AC barely works and it makes so much noise you are better off sweating the night off.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Berlin, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Room was adequate. limited towels, no hair dryer, etc....but it was clean. included free breakfast in cafe which was very good. This is a basic motel with limited amenities but you can't beat the price. We would stay there again...prefer to use our money on entertainment.

• Stayed October 2007