“Bad Place to Stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Houma
Riedstadt, Germany
“Bad Place to Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were not satisfied at all with this hotel. Outside was like a scrapyard with old machines, the car park had many big holes. The furniture in our room was worn out, the sheets on the bed had many big holes, the springs in the bed were broken and made loud noises. There was just one channel on the television. The Phone was not plugged in and the door at the bathroom could not be closed. The only positive thing was the breakfast in the Cafe next door. I cannot recommend this place at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bowling Gren
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

So I booked this hotel through a website after seeing the pictures on TripAdvisor. The pics here make the place look like such a steal! After pulling in, I realized this place was not as it seems. There are so many people that live here and pay weekly. They are extremely trashy (and sketchy looking). I witnessed a TV (old style, not flat screen) being stolen from one of the rooms as I went to check it. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude (and had an annoying sucking thing she did through one of her missing teeth every few seconds).

I said I had a reservation and pulled out my confirmation number. The lady said that they do not offer any online booking, regardless of what website claims otherwise. She did up all the paperwork (all hand-written) and then showed me a price higher than the one on the website by quite a bit. I opted to not stay here after that. Also, if you have a nice vehicle, I don't suggest leaving it unattended here.

Room Tip: I've stayed at the Howard Johnson down the street a lot. They're worth the extra $20 a night...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
West Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My name is Randy Pumilia. I am an offshore electrician,work 7/7 and book a room every other week. Everything you would need is there. The motel is fairly old; but, kept up pretty well. The staff is very nice and will go out of there way to please you. There is free WIFI, cable TV, fridge,microwave,coffee maker w/ coffee and kingsize beds . Attractive bartenders ! I love the place !

Room Tip: I stay on the outside, it seems to be quieter, I sleep early and get up @ 4 AM, to fly offshore !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I really enjoyed the familylike relationship that everyone has there. Everyone looks out for each other and are extremely nice. I never didnt have what i needed. Their owner and staff were awesome!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

This place is disgusting. Our toilet leaks and they won't come fix it, the maintnance guys walked in twice with their key as did the housekeeper. It's dirty, old, and they apparently don't have any rooms with a bed big enough for a couple. If I would've known that when booking, I could've gone someplace else.
Also, the AC barely works and it makes so much noise you are better off sweating the night off.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Room was adequate. limited towels, no hair dryer, etc....but it was clean. included free breakfast in cafe which was very good. This is a basic motel with limited amenities but you can't beat the price. We would stay there again...prefer to use our money on entertainment.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Metuchen, New Jersey, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

I knew what I would be getting into when booking this hotel, but it was just for one night and I wanted to save some money. The check in staff was pretty friendly and I got my key and remote control after a lengthy wait. I get to the room and it smells bad, the carpet is dirty, there are bugs on the windowsill, stains on the floor, and hairs on the sheets.

All in all, it's what I expected for $50 a night, and I would not stay here again if it was for more than a night. It served its purpose, and as long as you know what you are getting, you'll manage in this hotel.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Houma S Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!