“One Gorgeous Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Houma
Louisiana
“One Gorgeous Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that I would have LOVED to give this hotel an excellent rating. The décor was spectacular, the hotel was very clean (except for the vial of used lotion that was never replaced from when the previous guests had stayed. I know this because the top was crusty and hair was trapped in the lid). Oh, and there was a drink leftover from before in the fridge, too. The staff was courteous and friendly for the most part and I enjoyed the amenities! The downside was that the hotel seems to have very thin walls. All night long we heard doors slamming and what sounded like a herd of elephants above us. I was able to block most of it out, but my poor husband didn't sleep at all. The next morning, as I was checking out, the desk attendant asked me how my stay was. I told her about the noise and how I was able to get some sleep, but was woken up pretty early in the morning and how my husband got no sleep at all. She never once apologized or offered any form of consolation. She simply asked me if I needed a receipt for the stay. Maybe we just happened to hit it on a particularly rowdy night? I'd certainly give the place the benefit of the doubt and stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor so you don't have to hear the people above you walking around...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Willmar, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here on an overnighter just to "get away." Loved the balcony view of the pool area...enjoyed our time by the pool/spa. Room was big and beds were comfortable. Staff was OK but not overly welcoming. Was a bit spendy but would return here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if weather is decent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cranbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We arrived at 1 am and the staff could not have been nicer or more professional. We had a very nice, comfortable clean room with a good bed. There is a Starbucks in the lobby for breakfast and a nice little bar. Good Internet. The pool looked very nice, well landscaped with nice seating areas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our balcony room was comfortable and clean (great pillows, by the way!). The lobby was also pleasant and spacious, and the Bistro was a great convenience for Starbucks coffee, wine, and light meals. The area was quiet at night, but convenient to everywhere we wanted to go, and we even stopped in at the public library right across the street. This motel is not cheap, but it's well worth it to have such a nice place to relax at the end of the day. It provides amenities such as free in-room wireless, convenient guest laundry, and a business center with a printer for boarding passes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a conference recently, and I really enjoyed my stay here. Nicely designed rooms, and clean. Lovely indoor and outdoor pool and whirlpool. Only complaints: slow elevator and no complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this property in January. It is a very nice, new Courtyard. The bistro and seating area are huge. There is also a bar and nice lounge area. My issue came after I left the hotel. I found a room charge on bill that I did not make. I called the hotel and had to explain my situation to 3 people. The last person told me she was a manager. She didn't seem to believe that I didn't make this room service charge. She even asked if I had hung out in the bar. After I assured I had not spent time in the bar, she said she needed to find the room ticket and look at the signature. I asked her to please call me back asap as I needed to complete my business expense report. A week later and no word from her, I called and left her a message. Still no word. It took me emailing the corporate office to get this resolved. The General Manager did call and apologize and removed the charge immediately. It is a very nice hotel....just check your bill before leaving to resolve and issues while still at the property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel while visiting a friend in Houma. The hotel is so nice and clean. Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The girl at the front desk was so helpful. Her name is Ashley. She knew so much about the hotel and surrounding area. She was so cheerful and kind. When we go back to Houma we will be staying at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Courtyard Houma? Share your experiences!