“Really comfortable, wish we'd been able to stay longer” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“Really comfortable, wish we'd been able to stay longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our balcony room was comfortable and clean (great pillows, by the way!). The lobby was also pleasant and spacious, and the Bistro was a great convenience for Starbucks coffee, wine, and light meals. The area was quiet at night, but convenient to everywhere we wanted to go, and we even stopped in at the public library right across the street. This motel is not cheap, but it's well worth it to have such a nice place to relax at the end of the day. It provides amenities such as free in-room wireless, convenient guest laundry, and a business center with a printer for boarding passes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a conference recently, and I really enjoyed my stay here. Nicely designed rooms, and clean. Lovely indoor and outdoor pool and whirlpool. Only complaints: slow elevator and no complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at this property in January. It is a very nice, new Courtyard. The bistro and seating area are huge. There is also a bar and nice lounge area. My issue came after I left the hotel. I found a room charge on bill that I did not make. I called the hotel and had to explain my situation to 3 people. The last person told me she was a manager. She didn't seem to believe that I didn't make this room service charge. She even asked if I had hung out in the bar. After I assured I had not spent time in the bar, she said she needed to find the room ticket and look at the signature. I asked her to please call me back asap as I needed to complete my business expense report. A week later and no word from her, I called and left her a message. Still no word. It took me emailing the corporate office to get this resolved. The General Manager did call and apologize and removed the charge immediately. It is a very nice hotel....just check your bill before leaving to resolve and issues while still at the property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel while visiting a friend in Houma. The hotel is so nice and clean. Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The girl at the front desk was so helpful. Her name is Ashley. She knew so much about the hotel and surrounding area. She was so cheerful and kind. When we go back to Houma we will be staying at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a new Courtyard Marriott built with a new fresh design similar to more expensive four/five star full service hotels. Completed in OCT 2011 the rooms are spacious with microwave and refrigerators. The hotel is adjacent to the Houma Civic Center and has a number of well appointed meeting rooms. Excellent corporate rates are available and the hotel has large Executive suites...perfect for bridal parties. Courtyard is built around an outside pool.

The staff is very friendly and very proud of their new....top of the line Marriott Courtyard.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Yes Houma is a small town but this is a big town hotel. I stay in Houma six times a year for the past ten or so years. I always dread the hotels I stay while in Houma. By accident I came across this hotel last time I was booking a room. I was floored how nice this Courtyard was. They had live music in the lounge and wonderful atmosphere. For breakfast I had a wonderful bowl of oatmeal with apples and a side plate of delicious hummus. Make sure you book early. This location has been full several time when I try to make reservations. This hotel is much better than others in area.

• Stayed February 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We got lucky enough to be able to go to the Superbowl in New Orleans, but there wasn't a hotel room available in a 50 mile radius when I started calling around. Finally, this hotel had an available room. It's south of New Orleans in a small town and after driving all day (alone), I wasn't too keen on the neighborhoods I had to drive through and was worried about what kind of hotel I'd booked. Then, all of a sudden, I approached the intersection and saw it. It was a really beautiful Courtyard! The staff at the front desk were all lovely! I was lucky enough to get a second room for my son and his friend once I got there, so I was excited about that! There's a Starbucks in the lobby and a bar! I've never seen a Courtyard with a bar!! My room was wonderful and quiet and everything worked as it should. I slept like a baby!! I would recommend this to anyone that's coming for Mardi Gras and doesn't plan enough in advance! Like us!! The prices for the rooms was CRAZY to say the least, BUT it was Mardi Gras AND Superbowl!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Houma? Share your experiences!