“Great rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Harvey

You added Motel 6 Harvey to your Saves list
Motel 6 Harvey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3750 West Bank Expressway, Harvey, LA 70058 (Formerly Days Inn Harvey)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Harvey
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Motel 6 did a great job with the renovations done to the hotel the tvs are LED and the cable channels are awesome! The pool is a great place to take the kids especially during football season. I will come back to this hotel the next time I'm in Harvey.

• Stayed July 2013
Erika B, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Harvey, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello Chris! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are very pleased that you had a great stay with us. We hope that you bring the family back the next time you are in town for football or just need a quick getaway.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Take your own toilet paper and towels leave your car down the road the bars at the hotel take up all the parking and they have signs in front for the bars parking in rear that's the hotel lot house keeping has no clue period This place is not as pictured at all
The red light is on for the hookers all night Our mini fridge was thrown away by good will and then put in the room

Room Tip: Just Avoid this place
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Dave! We apologize that your stay with us in March 2013 was not a great one. Since your stay we have done many rennovations and amenity improvements. We have made changes to the staff and have built an 8 ft privacy fence between the hotel and the nearby bar as well. We hope that next time you come through the area you stop by and try us out again, we would love the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is not in the best area, but the room was very clean and the staff was friendly. I would not stay here alone, but it was fine for a 1 night stay for the price since it was Mardi Gras. I would advise customers to beware of their surroundings since like I said, not the best neighborhood. It did look like some of the rooms were rented for the month as people were living there. Again, room was clean and nice staff, just not my first choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Heather! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us and thank you so much for the compliments. We are working to make as many improvements as we can in order to make the guests as happy as possible. Since your stay we have made many property improvements as well as management and staff improvements. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are coming through the area so that we can show you all of the changes that we have made.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

If u come here to sleep good luck!!! I was tempted to just leave and go find a parking lot downtown to sleep in cause it was not a peaceful place at all!!! There is a bar next door and they had several people in extremely loud vechiles leaving ALL hours of the night and their music was UNBEARABLE again ALL hours of the night!!! For sure not what u see in the pictures!!! Very nasty outside!!! I would not even allow my kids to touch anything outside!!! And in addition to the noise from music and the loud cars u could hear screaming and my kids were terrified!!! Just sad they would allow this place to even be called a place of business!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was less than acceptable. Since your stay we have a new management company, new general manager, new staff, and a freshly renovated hotel. We are making improvements all over the property, from a new 8ft privacy fence to 32in flatscreen tvs. We have taken control of the parking lots and I can assure you that the next time you stay, you will have a peaceful night's rest. I invite you to give us another shot next time you are in the area. We would love the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.
San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This property used to be a Day's Inn. It's now a Motel 6.

I booked a reservation from April 24-28 at this property and stayed the night of April 24. There is a sign at the reservations desk that says no refunds after ten minutes. Let that be your first warning.

Room was not clean: dust on counter tops throughout. Furniture old and broken: drawers would not slide in and out. Bathroom clean but toilet not bolted to floor: wobbled a bit. Basically the worst hotel I have stayed at. Below the quality that Motel 6 is supposed to represent.

Checked out morning of April 25. Hotel swiped card for a refund of the remaining three days. The receipt said refund, I saw a negative balance, and signed. But two positive transactions appeared on my credit card: one from the Motel 6 web site when I booked the reservation and another for the refund: charged for eight total days even though I spent one (and cancelled eight hours before 6:00 PM). I should mention this property has two different credit card terminals connected to two different card processors.

Got a customer satisfaction survey via email. Completed survey with low marks. Got a "we're sorry" letter from Motel 6 Corporate.

Upon receipt of the second charge, went to the contact us link on Motel 6's web site. Wrote about the dual charges and complained that this was fraud. Got a letter asking for the dual charge details. Sent the transaction identifiers, dates, and amounts. Received a "we're sorry, talk to the property manager" letter. By that time I had filed a dispute with my credit union and didn't see the point of contacting the manager once the transactions were refunded.

Bottom line: there is a reason this hotel is the cheapest in the New Orleans metropolitan area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel this weekend and it was the most disgusting place I had ever seen. My husband is in the military and had drill this weekend so I went with him for the ride and to relax. I did not want to take my shoes off in the place!!! the carpets are sticky and moldy and people wondering outside were scary. We were staying for two days and tried to cancell the second day and they will not give us the $$$ back. They came in to the room, took all our towels, and did not clean the room at all. I asked the manager when they were coming to clean them and she said they already did. I told her trust me, they did not and she looked at me like I was nuts and told me that maybe they forgot and that they only clean the rooms every 2 or three days!!!!!! I asked where the towels were and she told me I had to wai a liitle for some to be available and that i would have to go get them!!!! I am not a picky person and, even though I like cleaningness, I can deal with certain things, but this place is absolutely the nastiest and scariest place ever!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Not sure where to start, we had what was called a king suite, I hate to see what the regular rooms look like. This hotel needs to be condemned; the carpet and bathroom are moldy, the smoke detector was not activated, the bathroom ceiling seemed like it was going to cave in at the simplest touch, oh...did I mention that we were watching tv around 11 pm and our lights (only our room) died, the so called security guard didn't have a flashlight, he had to depend on my husband's cell phone for light. I am a frequent business/vacation traveler, I have never been to a hotel with a security guard (aka robo-cop). I am glad we used reward points and didn't have to pay to stay in this dump, they should actually pay people to stay there....Oh, this was the worse, when we were getting ready for bed, the bedsheets/comforter had dead bugs and ants on them. Talking about gross, the comforter and the sheets had holes in them...do I need to say more, if you want to stay in a hotel similar to the Bates Hotel this is the place for you. Don't say you weren't warned!!!!

Stayed July 2008

Been to Motel 6 Harvey? Share your experiences!