“Nice Outdoor/Indoor Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Nice Outdoor/Indoor Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Even though this hotel is an outdoor hotel, all the doors are on the inside of a courtyard and you need your key to get in, so it still feels very safe and nicer than a regular outdoor hotel. It's not too far away from downtown, but can take a little while depending on traffic. The breakfast was well-stocked and had great service and a lot of options (though the sausage gravy could use some improvement). The hot tub/pool area was very nice. It's a pretty big area, and the hot tub is partially enclosed so it stays quiet in there. At night they have a bunch of lights around the courtyard and it looks really great. Only complaint is they don't keep towels by their pool, which I thought was kind of weird. It's not the nicest hotel I've stayed in, but given the area it's a pretty good choice to get away from downtown hotels that are either really sketchy or super expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely, French Quarter themed hotel while my roof was being repaired. It has all of the necessities without an outrageous price. The staff is well informed, polite, and friendly. The manager Derrick made me feel at home, offered me coffee and a newspaper, and assured me of a quiet daytime sleep in a corner room away from the pool.
The included breakfast is served by lovely ladies with smiles, the variety of food was astounding, and also much more healthy than fast food. The room was large and roomy with a comfortable clean bed and 5 pillows, a VERY cold refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, sofa, large screened flat panel TV, toiletries, fluffy towels, hair drier, iron, drying rack, and curved shower rod. The courtyard contains palm tree lined gardens, crisp cool tiled pool, a cedar enclosed warm jacuzzi structure, and an Acadian cottage bar with a porch and happy hour.
To all the staff during my stay on 8/10 - 8/12, thank you, and I look forward to my next visit.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Mapleton, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Although it is a little ways from the city and the traffic can be a mess getting to and from this hotel, for the price it is worth the drive. Great pool, great room, and great staff. The breakfast was one of the best/well stocked that I have had at a best western. Hot tub is nice. The area has plenty of places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Because the pool is in the center it can get loud if you are close to it. Try and get a room on the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Indian Head, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had the pleasure of being a guest at this hotel in June. The property surpassed all of my expectations for a Best Western hotel.

The staff was exceptional, very pleasant, & eager to please. Always a smile on their face! The courtyard was beautiful with plants & flowers and property was kept clean @ all times. A very clean pool and hot tub for some relaxation too! The room was beautiful and very well maintained. One (1) would expect to pay more for a nightly rate. The breakfast was outstanding; a complete meal. Definitely not a continental breakfast!

I felt very safe & secure in staying @ this hotel; the neighborhood surrounding the property was definitely not a crime area, which is a real concern for me when I travel. Perfect location to all of the sights in downtown New Orleans; a short drive there.

In closing, I will definitely be a guest @ this hotel when I am in the area again. I can honestly say that this is THE Best Western hotel I have ever stayed in. Clean, quiet, and outstanding property!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Forney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Driving up we was debating on if we was going to stay and boy when we walked in we was so surprised. The rooms was nice there is a pool garden in the middle that was awesome. A little noisy being we was across from bar but closed down at 10pm so not bad. Drink prices was average not overpriced like some other hotel bars. We will stay here again when we go back

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a large group stay at this hotel. They charged 80% of our party for extra rooms, and extra nights. Some people charged staying in 3 different rooms for the SAME night. After months of trying to dispute this and obviously forged copies of forms they still refuse to reverse the charges. DO NOT STAY HERE. They will scam you too.

• Stayed February 2014
stephLA123, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westbank, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am not aware of any groups that stayed at our property during the time you stated that had issues that you are speaking about. Could you possibly give me some additional information concerning your group? If this did occur at our property, I would like to see what we could do to make the situation better. However, at this time I am not able to locate any groups with the information you provided. Please feel free to contact me at Stephanie@bestwesternwestbank.com. We take customer service very serious and want every customer to leave our property with a good experience.

Stephanie Flood
GM
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

You get more than what you pay for! From the people, to your room, to the cozy spa and pool, to your breakfast! These people here know what they are doing and they take pride in what they own. Security makes rounds constantly and you can feel safe with your car in parking lot. You can talk to the owner if you wanted to but the best part is, he is truly a genuine great person and so is the rest of his staff. I was truly surprised and impressed.

Room Tip: Every room is a score!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Westbank? Share your experiences!