“Excellent Room - GREAT service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Harvey
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Excellent Room - GREAT service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed here during the Christmas - New Year's holiday and were VERY pleased with the room and the service. Our room was VERY nice - appeared to have been newly renovated. Carpet was new - bathroom and dressing area were very nice and clean.

Service at the front desk was wonderful! We were treated with great courtesy and we found the front desk to be above and beyond the norm of attention and care. Our rooms were quiet and we felt very comfortable and "at home".

We are VERY picky and do not like stale odors, dirty facilities or rude personnel. We found none of these at this location. We can't wait to book again for our upcoming trip in 2 months to New Orleans.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days in December to visit New Orleans. At first the hotel looks old and tired from outside. The lobby was small and looked old. The layout of the hotel is kind of odd. The have 2 elevators, each at one end of the building. The elevator was slow but it did took us with our luggages to the third floor safely. The surprise was the room. It was amazingly clean. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. The breakfast area is small but it wasn't a problem when we were there (I think the hotel was not fully booked at the time of our stay). We were pleased with the hotel and it really shows why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were initially assigned a room on the second floor that faced a concrete wall; when we looked out the window or the front door, all we could see was the concrete wall. We asked to be reassigned to another room and we were. The second room was comfortable. There were several vacancies on the second floor throughtout our stay (rooms with nice views). I do not know why we were not assigned to a more desirable room at the beginning. It seems to me that the hotel should assign the best available rooms to the guess first; then assign the less desirable roooms when there was nothing better left. Two years ago (Oct 2010) I had a similar experience at this hotel. I was assigned to a room on the first floor. It was across from what appeared to be a noisy ac/heating unit. Next door to the room was a room where the housekeeping staff kept supplies. I asked the clerk at the front desk to assign me to another room; she was quite hostile and very rude. I eventually was assigned to another room. I would be remiss if I did not say that the desk clerk, when I checked in, at my most recent stay was much more polite than the desk clerk who checked me in for my 2010 stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Rude front desk staff ( male), others were fine. A lot of smoke smell from bar area came into rooms. No one policed an appropriate time to end the noise at the pool,so it went on late into the night. Nice lobby and pool. Breakfast area cramped and could have been cleaner. Hit with stale cigarette smell when first entering lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Unfortunately, I stayed at this hotel for the weekend before my cruise embarkation from New Orleans. I made reservations, and paid, 6 months in advance, and got an email reminding me of my trip a few days before. I got to the hotel a few hours early, and the woman at the front desk, who was very rude, condescending, and hardly paid attention to me, told me that I could not check in at that time, but stated that my reservations were still in the system. I decided to go into New Orleans for a few hours, and showed back up to the hotel around 6pm, to find that they had "overbooked" and now didn't have a room for me. I traveled all the way from Indianapolis, was there with 2 children, and all hotels in the area were booked due to the jazz festival in NO. They didn't offer to try to find me another room, to refund my money, call the manager, NOTHING. Thank God my sister was there with me, and offered to allow me to stay in her room for the night. Therefore, we had 8 people in a room that is only rated for 4 people (uh, fire code?). WE had to ask for rollaway beds, extra linens, and towels. They never even offered. They were done with me the second they realized that they screwed up and dumped my reservations. We even told them that our reservations were booked 6 months in advance, I even had the confirmation email, but they just kept saying, "we have no room." Still didn't offer to give me my money back after I told them it was already paid for. I had to actually ask for a refund, and they said, "no, we can't do that." They gave me a card for the manager, and said I could call her, and talk to her about it. I asked for her on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and she still didn't show up because of an "emergency dental appointment." Come to find out, they didn't overbook at all. They got rid of our reservation so FEMA could stay a few extra days, which really peeved me off. I even looked at the computer screen while they were talking, and there were five other people on the list who were "kicked out". AND, the guy behind us said they did the same thing to him, but they found him another room 20 miles away. In the end, I had to have my husband call from Indiana to get them to refund our money, which proves they lied to me at the front desk about not being able to give me a refund. I will never ever ever go back to this place EVER!

OH, and, they say they have a poolside bar in their description...oh, they do, but it's only open Monday through Thursday...uh...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
stephLA123, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westbank, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
First, let me apologize for the experience you had while a guest at our hotel. Generally it is our policy when a guest has to be "walked to another hotel" due to our inability to accommodate them, we do offer to pay for their first night at an alternative hotel. It was my understanding that they did offer this to you, however, you chose to stay with your relatives. If this is not correct, then I apologize. In the future if you should choose to stay with us again, please contact me and I will assure you, you will have a "superior customer care" experience.
Parlin, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We usually stay in Best Western. This one didn't do it for me. The guy at the front desk couldn't find our reservation. Then he did. Unfortunatelly... Room was ok. Could be cleaner. One of the elevators made such a weird sounds that I thought it will fall down with us. Breakfast was ok. I didn't like the hotel layout also. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Westbank? Share your experiences!