“Magnificent .....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Harvey
Cuisines: Chinese
“Magnificent .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

The food is great, the price is unbelievable for how food you get for lunch time..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Orleans
“Love it Everytime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I been going to Chia Doll for about 7 years and this place always hits the mark of good " NO MSG " dishes. My suggestion is to head there for the lunch time specials.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“[--]”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

alittle pricey,but the portion is great and so was the food

Visited October 2011
Memphis,TN
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011 via mobile

I am an avid traveler, foodie, and a pretty darn good cook. I've eaten in the best restaurants around the world from Paris to New Zealand. I have found that often the best food for your money can be found where the locals frequent. China Doll is one of these. It's location is in a strip mall! However the food is awesome! I've eaten Chinese food on Beijing, Shanghai, and Nanjing. China Doll beats them all. The Moo Goo Gai Pan is fresh and clean with crisp fresh vegetables. The sauce is simple and not overbearing. The Kung Pao chicken is also incredible if you like spicy. The shrimp fried rice that comes with the entree is also very good and is loaded with shrimp! Although I'm not a fan of fried foods, the egg rolls are good as well. I come to New Orleans about 6 times a year and never fail to eat at China Doll! Don't listen to the few bad reviews! The only negative is the long wait one almost has to endure....however; it's worth the wait! Bon Appetite

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Won't Be Going Back For More!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

So, stupid me ignored the Few bad reviews in order to believe the mostly Good reviews.
Even though on one of the other Websites someone said that she saw Roaches~ nevertheless, I ordered for me & my family. I ordered the CRAB RONGOONS,SHRIMP FRIED RICE,BAR BQ RIBS,EGG ROLLS & the MOO GOO GAI PAN.
Come on people! Have you even really been to a Good Chinese Food Restaurant!
This food was some damn Nasty! The MooGoo pan tasted like they stir fried it in WATER. The Shrimp Fried Rice didn't even look fried, the Rongoons, or whatever you call them, tasted like they were stuffed with cream cheese & nothing else. Don't even ask me about the Ribs~ strange tasting meat soaked in some strange tasting sauce!!!
The prices were not Cheap either! In comment to the writer who saw Roaches- by me going inside of the place- I can blieve it!
I'm wondering if some of these Good Reviews were written by the Employees?
Sorry to all of you who Love this place~me & my family just wanted to give our review~ so keep enjoying!

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to China Doll Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage China Doll Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.