“nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
Indianapolis, Indiana
“nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel was hard to find but we had a great stay. The employees were super friendly and helpful. The restaurants that they recommended in the area were among the best meals we had during our stay in the new Orleans are.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I brought my young son here for a week, so we could visit with friends. We moved away from New Orleans last year and were excited to return. This hotel was a big disappointment. My son enjoys hotel breakfasts so we went to the breakfast area for Belgian waffles. When I attempted to make a waffle, the batter was so runny it ran over the sides of the waffle iron in a huge mess and was practically useless, making half of a burnt waffle. The breakfast area was out of coffee. I brought this to the attention of the attendant in the breakfast area who responded, "Yeah, the other girl didn't make the batter right. She made it too thick yesterday, too. You can get coffee in the lobby if you want. Sorry." She could not have cared less whether any of the issues were fixed or not. We returned to the breakfast area this morning and the device that disperses the waffle batter was not functioning properly. When I saw the same unhelpful attendant in the room, I didn't bother to tell her. I already knew she didn't care. The rest of the hotel was underwhelming, with somewhat dated rooms and staff who just don't want to be here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
msytm, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at TownePlace Suites. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the less than enjoyable stay you had at our hotel. I appreciate your concerns, interest and the extra time you have taken to bring these matters to our attention.

Let me assure you your experience does not represent the quality of food or service we typically provide.

I will speak to my staff regarding your issues and reinforce how important quality and service is at our hotel.

I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Travelers are raving about these Harahan hotels

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

1st time staying here and experience was great for the price! Good breakfast, clean and updated room, and great staff! It's far from downtown (15-20 mins) but worth the drive! Marriott never fails.

I will admit was was skeptical about at the Towneplace because I usually go to a regular Marriott but they were all full in the city so I took a chance.

The room was very nice to my surprise. Was very clean and decorated nicely with up up to date furniture and appliances. I stayed nights Friday and Saturday. It is close to the freeway and next door to the movie theatre.

I would def stay again. I was very impressed with the service and the stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a very nice couple nights here as we stayed in NOLA before a cruise. I stayed on points, and chose the hotel because I was driving all over before the cruise, and not just staying downtown, so it was a good location for me. The staff at the hotel were awesome. They were very nice to upgrade us when we checked in. Allowed us to spread out for a couple nights. The room was quite spacious, with a lot of space to relax and do work. Had some nice added touches over similar hotels.

I see what others reviewed regarding the carpets, and the hotel does need a face lift, but it wasn't run down at all, just a bit worn. My only complaint was that there was not a safe.

There was not a lot in the immediate area, but a lot that was a very short drive away. Overall a nice stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pensacola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had to spend the night in NOLA on 1/7/14 due to canceled flight (freezing weather and all) and got a room here. I asked for local food choices and they had some non chain options. When I returned to the hotel i discovered a problem with my room and they promptly corrected it. That is what customer service is all about, taking care of any issue. No property is perfect and it is all in how they handle problems. This staff member, Chrystal, was well trained, hospitable and professional.
My room was a nice king studio and it was clean, nice and warm!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Katie G, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you! We greatly appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel. Please come back and see us when you visit (or get stuck) here again!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here over Christmas holiday to visit with my family in Metairie. I stayed in a junior suite and it was clean, new and fresh! the bathroom was large, the kitchenette fully equipped with new ss appliances, all up-to-date electronics, free wifi. A queen sized bed with white crisp linen and tons of pillow, living room space with sleeper sofa and coffee and end tables, plenty of natural light from two large windows, and instant hot water! Also, the hotel has a small cafeteria where complimentary breakfast is served daily. In addition, this place was very quiet and peaceful and above ALL PET FRIENDLY!!!

Room Tip: corner suites are nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Katie G, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the TownePlace Suites Metairie as your home away from home for the Holidays!! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay - we work hard to make sure every guest has an experience like yours, and we love when we succeed in doing so. Please don't be a stranger the next time you are in town!
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My family stayed on this Marriott property for 1 night we were going to stay 2 but decided to move on. Hotel hallways were dirty there was a lot of inconsiderate kids as guest could not get to the breakfast if that's what it's called. We stay ed at a Marriott property hut should have found a Drury.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Katie G, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant time at our property. We work hard to preserve a comfortable and quiet environment but occassionally it gets away from us; and I know how frustrating that can be for travelers seeking a calm, quiet weekend. We experienced an unusually high amount of small children in house the weekend of your stay, and I sincerely apologize that you were unable to enjoy yourself in the breakfast area. We enjoy all comments on our property, even the less-than-perfect ones as they are a great opportunity for us to learn how to be better. Thank you for your feedback!

Been to TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie? Share your experiences!