“Nice enough place close to my business destination” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
Gautier, Mississippi
“Nice enough place close to my business destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well-kept grounds and a fairly quiet location. The parking spaces are too small though and you run the risk of getting your vehicle nicked by someone's door. Unloading and loading your luggage becomes comical. One parking area has uber-sprinklers. You'll see what I mean if you get up early. My room was near the elevator and stairs so that was handy. Decent layout in the room with a small kitchenette. No icemaker so fill the trays when you get there or buy a bag of ice. Big enough closet for 2 people. I'm not sure about the breakfast since I headed to work long before it was served. The lady at the desk in the afternoons was great. Nice and very helpful. Housekeeping did well but didn't replace the empty Kleenex box. Not a big deal. I guess a $3 tip wasn't enough. All things considered, this is a pretty nice place to stay for a few days. Just be mindful of the traffic and construction on Clearview. And your GPS doesn't recognize the road changes with the Huey P. Long Bridge work. That will make your afternoon interesting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Katie G, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
It's always great to hear that we were able to fit the needs of a frequent traveler. We will complete a full room renovation this summer, so if you find yourself in the area this fall, the hotel would be delighted to host you again - crazy Huey P. Long construction and all - thank you for your feedback and for choosing us for your business trip to the New Orleans area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a reservation at the Courtyard in the Downtown French quarter area, and it was SO noisy and busy that I decided to move. Was able to get a late reservation here. It is only 15 minutes away from the French Quarter, but what a difference. Much quieter. I liked having a small kitchen even though I was only there for 1 night. They do a buffet breakfast in the morning (which I slept through!). Can't beat the price. I slept like a log. This isn't as upscale as the Courtyard, but that isn't what Townplace Suites are all about. The women at the front desk were super nice.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the food restaurant and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Katie G, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We're so happy to have been a quiet and comfortable place for you to rest your head while staying in New Orleans! Sometimes, it is nice to get away from the non-stop hustle and bustle of the French Quarter (even though it is a lot of fun!), and we hope you come back and see us when you travel through the area again. We are planning a renovation for this summer, so hopefully we can impress you with our new (but still simple and classically TownePlace) look. Thanks so much for your review!
Lucedale, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here on business in New Orleans. If you know anything about N.O. its that the traffic can be horrible. This hotel is very easy to get in and out of which is a definite plus. It is close to several eating places, a shopping area, and next door to a movie theater. Check in was very easy and I was in my room in no time. I believe it was called a home office studio. It had a queen bed, couch, very large work area with a rolling table to expand the work area. It also had a full kitchen. This was a very comfortable room. I had plenty of room to spread all my work out. The overall feel of the hotel was one that had been renovated a little while back and was reasonably clean. I felt very safe because you had to use your room key to access anywhere in the guest area even if you went by the front desk area.
One distracting point: I don't know who picked the carpet out for the hall ways but it was horribly ugly and hurt my eyes haha. (that really didn't have much bearing on whether I liked the hotel but it is worth mentioning if that type of thing bothers you).
The breakfast was good with typical fare including self-made waffles, cereal, grits, oatmeal, etc.
I enjoyed my stay at the Towneplace Suites and will probably return when I'm back in town for business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Katie G, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. I am glad you found yourself so comfortable (and safe) and were able to take advantage of everything our property and neighborhood has to offer. While our carpet is fairly new, we are planning to replace it during our upcoming renovation this summer - we hope to see you sooner than that, but we would love your thoughts on the new design when we're finished. Thanks again for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Las Cruces,NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Town Place in Metairie on Dec 7-10, 2012. The place is convenient to MSY international airport about 10 minute drive. It's close to an open space shopping mall ,IMAX theater, a small casino, restaurants and freeways. It's about 20 minutes to the City of New Orleans. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean, comfortable beds, a staple continental breakfast and the best thing is that you don't have to pay for parking. It's a nice quiet place to rest and relax.If we go back to New Orleans, we'll stay at the Town Place again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Helping you settle in and connect to the local area are two of TownePlace's biggest goals and it's wonderful to see that our efforts paid off. Thank you so much for your kind words about our property - we can't wait to see you on your next visit!
Fort walton Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

For a Marriot property, I expected better. The hotel just really was not clean. Everything looked like it could use an update. On the plus side, the staff was absolutely wonderful. They were kind, helpful, and welcoming. Still, we won't be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeff R, General Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We try to maintain the utmost standards of customer service and love when our efforts shine through even the difficult stays. We were very surprised to read that the room was not up to expectations, as we strive to provide the most clean and comfortable guest suites as we can, and we have already taken steps to fix this for future guests. Thank you for your feedback!
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here on the front and back end of a cruise in November, 2012. The property is just as expected for a mid level Marriott property... clean, functional and comfortable.
Wait, did I say comfortable?
The couches are, without a doubt, the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. They are fold out beds and the edge just digs into yout thighs. They are managable if you pull the cushion over the edge and pack some pillows behind your back.
Other than the couch, the room is quite comforable with 5 pillows on the bed and a few more in the closet.
The property itself is located in a less than desireable part of town with no restaraunts within walking distance. If you have a car, I recommend The Dockside which is about 1/2 mile back to the corner of Citrus and Dickory.

The staff at the hotel is extremely friendly and quite attentive. We had a problem with our TV upon check-in and someone was in our room within 5 minutes to fix it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs convienent access to New Orleans but does not require immediate, local services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you don't want to, or need to stay in either Downtown or directly at the airport.. this is a great hotel at the half way point between the airport and downtown.. Free Parking, Free Internet and a great breakfast included. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The rooms are little mini suites with a kitchen.. The hotel is very, very clean and well kept up. The neighborhood is suburban safe and quiet. The hotel can be difficult to find your first time so be good to have directions since it is back and up behind a major shopping area. It is not visible from the main streets. Some signs from the hotel would be helpful.

Many restaurants nearby and also a movie theater in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie? Share your experiences!