“nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Harahan
Mobile, United States
“nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

had a good experience with this hotel and would reccomend it for short trip or extended stay. cont.breakfast was enjoyable. to date, have not had a bad experience at a hampton inn and will be staying here again. everyone working there was very friendly and quite helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had a great experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites! They had toothbrushes, great services in the hotel including the hotel computers, a coffee & tea bar, as well as fruit available in the lobby all day. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast - oatmeal w/dried fruits & nuts, waffles, bagels & croissants, cereal, and some hot food items. I was impressed with the staff and quality of services provided. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the New Orleans area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jennifer P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you can visit us again soon.
East Greenwich, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Last minute arrival and I was extremely pleased with my accommodations. The hotel staff were courteous and their food suggestions made me feel right at home. When I return to the area in October, they will be my first stop.

illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had some training to go through for work in Harahan, LA and stayed here for 3 nights. The room was pretty large. Clean. Cool. Very comfortable bedding. The property is older, but is kept up very well. It was a quick 15 minutes to Bourbon street and that area. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly. The shower was great! When it comes to a hotel, I would rather deal with some shortfalls (which I did not have here) and have a good shower rather than have everything exceed expectation but have a shower that is akin to being shot with a couple of water pistols. Overall it is about the best value I have experienced for this class of hotel. If you are looking to go downtown, this may not have you staying in the city center, but for the price and comfort it is worth the few minute drive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Recent renovations make the hotel look great! friendly staff, clean rooms. Will be back next year. Some kids were a little loud but the staff took care of it. Staff took super care of us and did their best to accomodate our team :)

Room Tip: Third floor is a smoking floor, but hotel staff said they are converting to a completely non-smoking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great hotel in the Harahan area. The Management team and staff go well above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and the breakfast hostesses are awesome, making friendly chatter while keeping everything hot and delicious. Definetly will recommend!

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is still undergoing major renovations in the lobby area, although you can use the main entrance now. However, I did not find anything about the renovations on their website or when accessed through Hilton internet reservations. Frankly that feels a bit dishonest. And I paid way too much for the room.

The rooms are not completely what you would expect for a Hampton Inn. Floor air conditioner is noisy for sleeping. The bed was fine, large flat screen TV, small refrigerator and microwave. Large counter top in bathroom was great. Lots of electrical outlets which would have been very helpful but the ones by the bed did not work. Otherwise, furniture appears cheap and badly outdated. Staff was friendly, breakfast was of normal standard, with some hot and cold items.

All that being said, if I was able to get a very good rate for the hotel, around $100 per night, I might have stayed again. But then there were the bug bites. I woke up the second morning with several bites on my face. I thought maybe I had gotten them during dinner the evening before. But when I woke up with even more on the third morning, this time on my torso and legs, I am certain it was from the room, probably the bed.

The front desk staff did not seem at all concerned when I reported the bites to her at check-out. No apologies. So I showed her my bites. Then she said she would put the room out of commission until maintenance could check. But again, no apologies or concerns expressed for the fact that I had the bites!

I don't plan to go back.

Room Tip: My room was an even numbered room, on the side of the train tracks. It was noisy. Ask for a room a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had during your recent stay at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jennifer Portera
Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood

504-733-5646 ext. 400
jennifer_portera@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood? Share your experiences!